Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i dont know what to do.

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM
  • 8 Replies
I'm still nursing my 16 month old. I took his pacifier away about a month ago. He kind of gave it up on his own though. Now he has been nursing a lot more and he's up at least every hour at night to nurse. It's wearing me out because I'm 7 weeks pregnant with my 2nd and I have morning sickness and I'm just plain exhausted all the time. I thought I did a good thing by giving up his paci. I'm at a loss. Any advice is appreciated!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:40 AM
Taking the paci away was a good thing. He could just be nursing more often because he's getting less now that you're pregnant. He might also be having a growth spurt. Does he sleep in bed with you?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginnyk87
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:43 AM
Yes, he sleeps with me.

Quoting larissalarie:

Taking the paci away was a good thing. He could just be nursing more often because he's getting less now that you're pregnant. He might also be having a growth spurt. Does he sleep in bed with you?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:48 AM
You might need to transition him to his own bed then. Night weaning is definitely harder when they are right there! (on the other hand it's easier to sleep while he's nursing when he's right there)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
maggiemom2000
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I know that I could no longer handle the night nursing when I was pregnant. Here is a great article on night weaning a toddler:

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 5:40 PM
I agree with Larissa and Maggie!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 3, 2011 at 6:22 PM

I would work on nightweaning...poor guy is probably upset that your milk is or has changed to colostrum, my guy when through this too at this point in my pregnancy.

ginnyk87
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:09 PM
Thanks. I will check this out!

Quoting maggiemom2000:

I know that I could no longer handle the night nursing when I was pregnant. Here is a great article on night weaning a toddler:

http://drjaygordon.com/attachment/sleeppattern.html

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginnyk87
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:11 PM
I hope I can figure something out. I am so worried about this new baby coming because if this is still going on I don't know what I'm going to do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)