Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First time with the babysitter

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM
  • 3 Replies
My ds is 5 weeks old today and tonight will be his first time with someone other than me. I have my work Christmas party tonight and will be leaving him with my best friend from 7-10. I pumped 2 bottles with 2.5 oz each and have 2 frozen bags of milk as backup. I'm alittle nervous because he is not as laid back as his brother was so I really don't know how he will do without me there. He's not exactly high maintenance or anything I'm just worried he will cry the entire time :-/

I guess I just need some words of encouragement. I didn't think it was gonna be this hard for me to leave him :*(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Aww at 5 weeks it's only hard for mom, not baby :-) He probably won't even know you're gone! And for three hours away you should only need ONE of those bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forgetmenotcj
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:17 AM
It will be much harder on you than on baby! Try not to stress because then baby can sense that something is wrong. If you are happy, baby should be happy too. Also, only leave one bottle. Nurse before you leave and when you pick him up. He probably won't even need that bottle :) good luck! And have fun :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
haymanisourson
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:34 AM
I know I only need one, but I just worry. What if she spills them? Lol I guess if worst comes to worst she COULD feed him herself. She's got some mamas milk too. Lol.

Quoting larissalarie:

Aww at 5 weeks it's only hard for mom, not baby :-) He probably won't even know you're gone! And for three hours away you should only need ONE of those bottles.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)