Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ot but i value yalls advise

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM
  • 16 Replies
So I'm sure you can all guess that all that went on with my hospital stay and the girls nicu time was was a MAJOR financial hardship for us because if you remember Alex had been laid off early in my pregnancy leaving me the only income, I worked as much as possible putting in 40+ hrs a wk literally until I was hospitalized, during that time I managed a decent savings for my time off, which was exhausted during my hospital stay and the girls month long NICU stay which were all 2hrs from home. During that time Alex got hired onto a company but they only worked him one day and found out he didn't have the certs they needed and didn't have him return. This was in August. Apparently when this happened he updated his fb with them as his employer...

Jump.to yesterday, I go in because for some reason my Medicaid just stopped on 10/31, I've missed several post op appts because of this and no one for a month on the phone could explain why. We escalated calls and they just couldn't figure it out. Id gotten pregnancy.Medicaid and the kids got it as well when Alex was laid off. The kids insurance also got shut off then swapped back on mysteriously.

While the girls were in the NICU the hospital social workwr had suggested apply for SNAP to help with our food costs, we were in a Ronald McDonald house, we were qualified and for.whatever unknown reason those ended as well. When I went in they said the case worker had discontinued benefits because she had info that Alex was working at such n such place, where he'd wokred one day 4 months ago.. They give me her name and number because shes out of the office, well its Alexs ex SIL.... she got info from his fb and terminated our assistance and I'm furious... She.didn't bother to fact check or call or anything. That family HATES me and I feel this was personally motivated and I just want to go there and rip heads off.

Anyone have experience with anything like this??? I'm hoping ya'll don't judge me for the PA... We really needed the help, I'm back working as much as possible now and hopefully we'll be back on our feet very soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JealousGrrl
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 3:57 PM

Wow....That's f*cked up!!  I am utilizing WIC and Medi-cal for my daughter so no judging here...

tttsmommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM

if she caused yall to get that stuff cut off shed have to have physical proof that he was working there like a check stub or what not. been there and i have been through that my heart and prayers go out to you mama. im on medicad(pregnant) three of my kids are on arkids(medicade) and my other dd draws ssdi and gets medical from there. and we get foodstamps my husband works i stay at home.

huntersmama711
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM
1 mom liked this
I would demand to speak to her supervisor. I don't think she can make any decisions on your case, it would be conflict of interest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:09 PM
There should be some kind of appeal? Make sure you have paperwork trails, and if you can (I had to with hubby also) get a note from previous employer stating he doesn't work there and when it ended. I'm the only one working also, but we make "too much" money with my income and hubby's unemployment :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrssmitley1210
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:12 PM
Thats horrible. I don't care what your personal feelings are for someone you are a professional first when out comes to that. She could have really screwed those precious babies. I'd ask for a different worker. I have fs so no judgement. I have to stay home for my sons health. Dh carries insurance but when we applied for fs we qualified for medicaid so that will be our secondary. To bad that wasn't there when my son was in and out of the hospital with huge er co pays
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:29 PM
2 moms liked this

Your hubby's ex SIL should NOT be your case worker..that is FOOLISH and a conflict on interest.  Time to go to her boss, forget talking to her, go above her head and file a complaint.

When PA thinks there is an issue income or job wise they are supposed to call you and then get the number of the place you supposedly work for and talk to them.  YES I get PA and when hubby lost his job they called his boss and verified it.

They can not cut assistance because they THINK he works somewhere.  In fact he could put on there he is an astronaut with NASA and no one could do anything. FB is NOT reality.

GO TO HER BOSS!!! ASAP first thing Monday morning!!

MrsAdorkable
by Bronze Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:40 PM

You are supposed to get written notice! Definitely file an appeal

Our FS just ended because DH didn't turn in the form I have been heckling him about. His excuse "how could you expect me to remember?". Ughh. No idea how we are going to eat this month.  

*edit* Mis-read, thought SIL reported this to your worker. SIL never should have been your worker in the first place. Such a major conflict of intersts! When I was a file clerk for our local welfare office I had to submit a list of ANYONE whos file I might come across & know

KoalaMomma119
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:42 PM
This!

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Your hubby's ex SIL should NOT be your case worker..that is FOOLISH and a conflict on interest.  Time to go to her boss, forget talking to her, go above her head and file a complaint.

When PA thinks there is an issue income or job wise they are supposed to call you and then get the number of the place you supposedly work for and talk to them.  YES I get PA and when hubby lost his job they called his boss and verified it.

They can not cut assistance because they THINK he works somewhere.  In fact he could put on there he is an astronaut with NASA and no one could do anything. FB is NOT reality.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:49 PM
I was hoping someone might have done experience working in these type places because I was unsure of their privacy codes and whether she was even allowed to work my case

Quoting MrsAdorkable:

You are supposed to get written notice! Definitely file an appeal

Our FS just ended because DH didn't turn in the form I have been heckling him about. His excuse "how could you expect me to remember?". Ughh. No idea how we are going to eat this month.  

*edit* Mis-read, thought SIL reported this to your worker. SIL never should have been your worker in the first place. Such a major conflict of intersts! When I was a file clerk for our local welfare office I had to submit a list of ANYONE whos file I might come across & know

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
carolyntx
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 4:51 PM
My intent was to go in and demand a supervisor straight away, I don't even want to deal with her at all... Also I'd like to get my complaint in before she can cover het tracks

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)