Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does ur LO get this often? :-(

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM
  • 6 Replies
Diaper rashes?? It's so frustrating...he just got over a yeast rash right before thanksgiving and now he has another rash..urgh! Before I was using a wet cloth to clean his bum and now I use sensitive huggies/ pampers wipes....is anyone in the same boat? Why can't we go a few months without a diaper rash????
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ConnorMom228
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:04 PM
Try squirting breastmilk on his butt at night. It should help clear up almost over night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
china019
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:06 PM
If its a yeast rash, won't it do more harm than good? I've been putting yeast cream and buttpaste but I guess it takes awhile
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 8:15 PM
We haven't had much issue with rash. My middle guy started getting them & I switched to Lansinoh wipes, never another rash. If he's getting them often, look at switching diaper brands (or detergent for cloth) & wipes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:05 PM

when ds was a baby until about 14 months we dealt with rashes and yest infections all.the.time! it was never ending. i use triple paste by dr.sears  my dr, gave the prescription for it and the pharmacy filled it. instead on one large tube, i paid for them to make 3 small ones. so if by chance it got contaminated only one small tube had it and i had the other 2. i paid 10.00 for target to do that.

• Mix your own - if you can't get a prescription, try mixing these together in the palm of your hand, then apply to baby's bottom:
    • Zinc oxide
    • White petroleum ointment
    • Acid mantle
    • Aluminum acetate (Burrow's solution)
    • If you cant find Acid Mantle, then use Lansinoh (a lanolin ointment). It is available in the diaper cream section of drug stores.

found on dr.sears site. under diaper rash.

i also, used an anti-fungal with balmex clear diaper cream. and grape seed extract diluted in a spray bottle to spray a little spray in ds diaper. all this helped keep it at bay.

littlecheifsmom
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:06 PM

do not put breast milk on a yeast rash. it was cause more harm then anything.

also, landolish wipes are heaven sent

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:22 PM

YEP my guy ended up being sensitive to the elastic in the legs of diapers..all brands, we switched to cloth and have not has an issue again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)