Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bed-sharing with a crawler?

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM
  • 8 Replies
I've been bed sharing with my ten month old from the beginning... It was easy when he couldn't move around, but since he started crawling it's been terrible... He moves all over, all night long. He nurses to sleep, and we've tried moving him to his crib (next to our bed) after he falls asleep, but he nearly always wakes up in the move. I can't get any sleep with the fear of him rolling or crawling off the bed, and our bed can't really be moved closer to the floor to make it safer. I'm at a loss... How do other bed-sharers deal with a crawler?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
jrp0606
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 10:27 PM
Do you have the sidecar crib?

We always pushed the bed against.the wall and put baby between me and wall because I worry about him crawling off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeldolphine
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:15 PM

I put mine in the middle of the bed and he usually sleeps in my arms. Either that or he sleeps in the crib next to my bed. He's old enough to learn to either stay in place on the bed or to stay in his crib.

KoalaMomma119
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:26 PM
I always attempt to put ds(10 months) in his crib in my room. He always wakes up in the middle of the night and then we bedshare...he moves a lot too! I always put pillows between him and the edge of the bed and put as much distance between him and the edge of the bed as I can. He fell off once though...hardly even cried, thank goodness!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Iskkra
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:40 PM
No, I don't have a sidecar (that's where one side of the crib is attached to the bed, right...?). It's just next to the bed. I've been doing the pillows to keep him in place but he's gotten to the point that he can crawl OVER the pillows now (and does, often). He won't sleep in my arms, he likes his 'space' when he sleeps... He usually is between DH and I but now he's even crawling over us! He's actually trying to get off the bed, to go play. He's not a great sleeper and he wakes up frequently during the night to nurse, and after nursing he's just 'up' and doesn't want to sleep. When I try to make him lay down, he bawls and struggles against me. But he cries even MORE when we put him in the crib. So... I just don't know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KoalaMomma119
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:47 PM
When ds is done nursing in the middle of the night and is just up, I cuddle and rock him...you'd think I was trying to kill him the way he screams and pushes against me! I just stand my ground and hum or sing softly and he goes to sleep.

GL momma!

Quoting Iskkra:

No, I don't have a sidecar (that's where one side of the crib is attached to the bed, right...?). It's just next to the bed. I've been doing the pillows to keep him in place but he's gotten to the point that he can crawl OVER the pillows now (and does, often). He won't sleep in my arms, he likes his 'space' when he sleeps... He usually is between DH and I but now he's even crawling over us! He's actually trying to get off the bed, to go play. He's not a great sleeper and he wakes up frequently during the night to nurse, and after nursing he's just 'up' and doesn't want to sleep. When I try to make him lay down, he bawls and struggles against me. But he cries even MORE when we put him in the crib. So... I just don't know what to do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitty8199
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:55 PM
I just have the bed against the wall, and me on the other side. Maddie nurses to sleep and stays asleep. This kid sleeps from about 10-11 pm to 8-10 am. She`s an awesome sleeper. Wakes up nurses goes back out. Been like that since I bought her home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bittersweet7791
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:59 PM
I have one of those gate things for the bed. And he sleeps between me and that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blg5484
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:59 PM

DD idnt really do this thank God but we have a bed rail from walmart on one side and her crib side car-ed on the other(DH will not put her in it tho he said he likes to cuddle with her but she always ends up under me)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)