Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those who have 2 year olds...

Posted by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:07 PM
  • 14 Replies
What is your night routine like?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:31 PM
My dd is 28 months. I nurse her to sleep while I sit in bed (she's attached as I type now) then I pop her off and lay her next to me. If she wakes immediately I nurse her again on the other side while I lay down. Maybe twice a week she wakes during the night and asks to nurse. I usually tell her milk is sleeping and she fusses for less than a minute and then sleeps. If she's sick or particularly needy, I will nurse her during the night. But she stopped night nursing right around her second birthday. She was waking at least twice and as often as 5 or 6 times each night, usually attached to me the whole night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
annaica
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:36 PM
My daughter will be 2 very soon. She is so clingy to me at night. And it seems to be all by her rules. I need to find a balance with her night routine ASAP

Quoting mostlymaydays:

My dd is 28 months. I nurse her to sleep while I sit in bed (she's attached as I type now) then I pop her off and lay her next to me. If she wakes immediately I nurse her again on the other side while I lay down. Maybe twice a week she wakes during the night and asks to nurse. I usually tell her milk is sleeping and she fusses for less than a minute and then sleeps. If she's sick or particularly needy, I will nurse her during the night. But she stopped night nursing right around her second birthday. She was waking at least twice and as often as 5 or 6 times each night, usually attached to me the whole night.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:42 PM
I was getting very resentful of the constant waking and nursing through the night. Telling her "no, milk is sleeping" became the best way to save our nursing relationship. I was getting so touched out that I wanted to hide from her and wean completely. Now with the boundaries it seems sweet again. But we went from all darned night attached to just once to sleep,so there is hope. My dd actually sleeps better when she nurses less because she doesn't pee herself awake all night and then need to nurse back down.

Quoting annaica:

My daughter will be 2 very soon. She is so clingy to me at night. And it seems to be all by her rules. I need to find a balance with her night routine ASAP

Quoting mostlymaydays:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:45 PM
Thanks for posting this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:45 PM

I just put her to bed at 8:00.  We don't do anything.

annaica
by Gold Member on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:50 PM
You just walk her to her room, put her in her bed and leave then don't see her til morning?
My son was like that, but I didn't breastfeed him at 2.
Wondering what ways there are to do it because our old routine isn't working anymore.

Quoting PEEK05:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Oh my daughter was not breastfed. Maybe that's why it's easy.

My son is almost 7 months old and is almost to the point she is. I nurse him to sleep and then put him down and he's fine. I don't do any other sort of routine. Or if he has already nursed recently, he just wants a pacifier and I lay him down with his Fisher Price seahorse and and his mobile. We have no routine for him either.

I hope that you are able to figure something out with your LO. :(

Have you tried rubbing your LO's back? This can take a while for the first time if your LO is not used to it. It took me an hour with my daughter to begin with. Then it went to 20 minutes, then 10 minutes, then 5 minutes, then a couple minutes and now she just goes to bed LOL.

Quoting annaica:

You just walk her to her room, put her in her bed and leave then don't see her til morning?
My son was like that, but I didn't breastfeed him at 2.
Wondering what ways there are to do it because our old routine isn't working anymore.

Quoting PEEK05:

larissalarie
by on Dec. 3, 2011 at 11:57 PM
My son just turned 3, but our routine hadn't changed. Bath between 7-7:30, get dressed & story, send 3 year old out of the bedroom at 7:45 & nurse the baby to sleep (3 year old gets to watch Super Why during this) After baby is asleep, come get 3 year old and lay down in his bed with him so he can nurse & then go to sleep.

When my son was around 15 months he fought sleep so much that co sleeping wasn't working. Then around 18 months I got pregnant witch made nursing sooooo hard to tolerate. I had to impose limits then which helped tremendously.

Do what you need to do!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this

We brush our teeth, go to our family bed, lay down, and nurse to sleep. 

angelbabies14
by on Dec. 4, 2011 at 2:15 AM
We do bath, teeth, jammies. I usually like all the kids to go to bed at the same time so I tuck in my 8 and 3 year old first, then my 2 year old and I go to his room, put on soft music and I sit on his bed and nurse him. He doesn't always fall asleep at the boob. It was at the point where I had to wait until he fell asleep but now he's ok with me putting him down, tucking him in and kissing him good night. He still wakes in the night. Sometimes he comes in my bed, sometimes he calls for me to go to his room. If he does come in my bed, I do nurse him there then I put him back in his own bed. We may do that a few times a night. It seems to be getting better. The past 2 nights it was only once and tonight he hasn't gotten up yet. I should be in bed! I'm the kind of person that can function with 3 hours sleep though. I have for many years, even before kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)