Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Only the Breast

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 5:07 AM
  • 9 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your thoughts ?

http://www.onlythebreast.com/

by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 5:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
SarahPeluso
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 6:03 AM
I love it. Plan to get blood tested ever few months & help a child out on there. Your thoughts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Baby4us09
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 4:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a great way for three people to get benifits. :)

Quoting SarahPeluso:

I love it. Plan to get blood tested ever few months & help a child out on there. Your thoughts?

SapphireMomma
by Bronze Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 4:37 PM
1 mom liked this
I pumped for a young mom who was trying to relacte. I didn't go through any service because I was afraid I would be rejected. (I am taking 100mg of zoloft for depression).

She has since told a friend of her's about what I did, and I might be pumping for a preemie if Mom doesn't produce enough milk.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorsmommy08
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 4:40 PM
1 mom liked this

My thoughts is if you've got extra bm to begin with, it's nicer to go ahead and donate it on Eats on Feats or HM4HB. I donated milk to a little boy while I was nursing dd1 and am saving another stash to do the same. If you go the milk bank route- it gets pasteurised and that takes out good stuff. So I prefer to just go the private party route and tell them my med history and if they want, show them my pregnancy blood test results.

Precious333
by Group Mod-Julia on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:28 PM

something about getting paid for it makes me feel guilty, probably wrongly, because someone would be paying for formula, anyways. ONe reason I have not donated is because it does take time, and I have to care for 3 kids, and I don't have an electric pump. But I always considered giving some milk, especially in the beginning when I had a lot, but then I just gave extra to my other kids....sorry I'm rambling lol

paaepae
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:38 PM

I donate...or at least I tried to. I had a lady lined up to come get some of my stash for her daughter, and she never showed. I had set aside ~350oz for her. Now I am on the hunt to find another taker. I need that space. I could never charge for the actual breastmilk, maybe for 1/2 the shipping cost though.

SarahPeluso
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:46 PM
A lot of pumpers just ask for the bags to be replaced & maybe shipping cost. thats what I plan to do... But your right it shouldnt be about making money

Quoting Precious333:

something about getting paid for it makes me feel guilty, probably wrongly, because someone would be paying for formula, anyways. ONe reason I have not donated is because it does take time, and I have to care for 3 kids, and I don't have an electric pump. But I always considered giving some milk, especially in the beginning when I had a lot, but then I just gave extra to my other kids....sorry I'm rambling lol

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
forgetmenotcj
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 7:50 PM
Theres another place Milkin mammas (I'm mobile so I can't link) but they will reimburse 300$ for your pump if you donate 300 oz. I've thought about that, we could use the money. You don't even have to have a receipt! But I've been donating to a little boy who wad born via surrogate. I'll Feel bad taking away his milk :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TattooMommy143
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM
1 mom liked this

as a mom who receives milk from a local mom for free, i am so grateful to her for the time she spends pumping for my son. if i had to buy breastmilk for him i wouldn't be able to afford it and would have to formula feed because i can get that free through wic. i do buy the storage bags and i am more than happy to do so.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)