Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Worst period of my life?!!!

Posted by   + Show Post
So my second son is almost seventeen months. I got my period back xmas day and it has been the heaviest of my life. I am going through a tampon an hour or so and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Is this what I can expect from now on? It went back to normal with my first baby at around seven months. But I fed him solids at four months and night weaned by nine and nursed a lot less in general. This baby is still nursing six to eight times in twenty four hours. Does that have anything to do with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 10:42 AM
Replies (11-14):
ceckyl
by Kyla on Dec. 27, 2011 at 1:51 PM
That was how my first period was too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Dec. 27, 2011 at 1:52 PM
Mine are exactly like you describe. I just got my AF back a couple months ago when dd was 26 months. The first one was a lighter "warning" but the second and third one seemed like I was bleeding to death, like the almost 3 years of no periods was all catching up with me. For a full 5 days that heavy. It has been this way for me after each of my 4 kids, after such a delayed AF (@16 months w first, 25 months w second, 20 months w third and this one at 26 months postpartum for first AF)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JennWatt
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 2:07 PM
I have one baby and period came back at 6 months. 1st period was light but 2nd and 3rd has been heavy! Super plus tampon AND a thin pad! It has been that heavy since I was in high school! I am 34 now. I am still EBF and he eats some solids.
gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Dec. 27, 2011 at 9:22 PM

Expect all kinds of weirdness, Since you're using regular tampons, it's not surprising you;'re having an issue. I could never use regular ever in my life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)