Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

4.5mo old nursing all the time

Posted by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM
  • 3 Replies

My 4.5mo old is nursing hourly and cries If I do not nurse him. He has been doing this for the past week and I am at the end of my rope. I am so tired and I just do not remember my older son doing this. He nurses about every 4hrs during the day, but as soon as the sun sets he wants to nurse all the time. Is this a growth spurt ?

by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:16 PM
Most likely a growth spurt, hang in there! My son started this at 4 months as well after sleeping great between 2 & 4 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gailll
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:18 PM

It's probably a growth spurt. It could be stress from the holidays. Babies can get stress hormones from their mothers through the milk. He could be one of the babies that needs solids earlier than most. You could try starting solids. Most babies don't need solids until 6 months but just a few years ago it was the norm to start at 4 months.  

jocelynred
by on Dec. 27, 2011 at 8:55 PM

my dd had a sleeping set back at 4 months. after talking to several friends i found out that it is pretty common at this age. my son didn't sleep through til after 6 months. so, he skipped this phase. it could be extra stress from the holidays. but, it could be that he is really tired. i would try to get him to bed before he gets really crazy (like around 7pm or earlier if needed). if he was sleeping well but has changed keep going with the bed time routine. i have read that it takes 3 days to start a bad habit but, 7 days to break it. if you have 1 bad night, then another, then a third you have created a "habit". but, i find that starting a good "habit" can happen like that too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN