Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

how old is to old?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM
  • 26 Replies

I still do skin to skin breast feeeding sometimes. my dd will be one next week, and it got me wondering do i have to stop :( i know i dont have to stop breast feeding but what about the moments where i want the "bonding" where she is in just her diaper against my bare chest nursing??? do i have to stop? what age is to old? 

by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lauracb10
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:23 PM
My DS is 5 weeks and we still do it... I don't think its too old if they are still newborn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katieabril
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I don't do that, should I? What's the purpose anyways??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
huntersmama711
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:26 PM
I say if you're still comfortable doing it then don't stop. It doesn't matter how others feel about it, just you
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tlc_sahm_kylynn
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quoting lauracb10:

My DS is 5 weeks and we still do it... I don't think its too old if they are still newborn.

my daughter will be one next month. i mean i used to always do this, esp after her daddy fought with me... i would hold her close to me and have her in just her diaper and nurse her. and esp when we co sleep in the summers or winter (heater is on) i have her lay next to me sometimes w/o a shirt on... but lately i been wearing a spaghetti strap to bed, where she can still have access to me, but i'm still dressed. :( 

tlc_sahm_kylynn
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Quoting katieabril:

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/Skintoskinpdf.pdf

about skin to skin... 

Melissa823
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:28 PM

No, you don't have to stop yet! I chose to nurse my girls until they turned one and then I stopped. You have to make the choice when you're ready. In my head, I think the longest I would go if we were both enjoying it is about 2 and a half, but who am I to pick that number? Just make sure she's done by Kindergarten. ;)

forgetmenotcj
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:32 PM
2 moms liked this
Puberty. That would be to old. I think that's your only guideline :) enjoy your baby and don't worry about what others think is "too old"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lazycervix
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

why does she have to be done by kindergarten? After the age of 3 most kids only nurse in the morning and at bed time. Its not like she would have to go to school and breastfeed her.

Quoting Melissa823:

No, you don't have to stop yet! I chose to nurse my girls until they turned one and then I stopped. You have to make the choice when you're ready. In my head, I think the longest I would go if we were both enjoying it is about 2 and a half, but who am I to pick that number? Just make sure she's done by Kindergarten. ;)

tabi_cat1023
by Group Mod - Tabitha on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

I still do skin to skin everynight with my son, he is miserable if theres anything between our skin when nursing at night..hes 20 months

katieabril
by on Jan. 3, 2012 at 8:35 PM
So is a month 2 old for skin to skin..???

Quoting tlc_sahm_kylynn:

Quoting katieabril:

http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/Skintoskinpdf.pdf

about skin to skin... 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)