• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

needing some advice...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM
  • 2 Replies
Hello everyone. My name is Donielle but everyone calls me Dee. I'm fairly new to breastfeeding. I only breastfed my oldest child for 2 weeks but this time around with my second child, I have been breastfeeding him for 5 months now. Breastfeeding is very frustrating at times but I do enjoy it. I just have some problems that maybe other moms could help me with.

I feel like I have only 1 good breast to feed with. My son has favored the left breast more than the right, so my left is considerably larger than my right. I'm not making enough milk to pump and store it so I breastfeed on demand. Is it still going to be ok for me to keep doing this as he gets older? I plan on stopping once he turns a year old.

I think he may be teething because he wants to chew on everything. Now when I feed him he tries to chew on my nipple. It's very painful, how can I show him that he can't do that?
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
sreichelt26
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:13 AM
It's totally fine. I've been nursing dd on my left side only since 3 months (she's 8 months now). My boobs are just CRAZY lopsided when it's been a little too long between feedings.

As far as the biting, you need to teach nursing manners. There's a sticky above the start of the posts called "when babies attack" that'll help
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:53 AM
Alot of moms nurse on demand from one side only. As for biting in one of the stickies theres links about nursing mannors, sounds like you could use them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)