Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

one month

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:22 AM
  • 4 Replies
So we made bfing one month he had his check up and he weighs 12 pounds in the 97 percentile and is 24 inches in the 93 percentile. Do u think he is gaining a little much.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:40 AM
Breastfeeding babies tend to gain more weight in the first 6 months I believe, and then it slows down after that. No worries, it's not like he's being overfed. They usually get a little leaner as they start getting mobile, and judging from his height, he sounds like he's going to be nice and tall! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cek302
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:15 AM

The drs always told me they look at the curve, not the numbers. So if he stays near the 90th percentiles for a few visits they will be happy with that. They worry if he drops to the 50th for example. 

candycrz
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:30 AM
Lol he prolly be like my brother and be taller than me by the time he is 12 lol

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Breastfeeding babies tend to gain more weight in the first 6 months I believe, and then it slows down after that. No worries, it's not like he's being overfed. They usually get a little leaner as they start getting mobile, and judging from his height, he sounds like he's going to be nice and tall! :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Just like my son. Yep. I used to joke that he was being scouted by the NFL when he was 6!

Quoting candycrz:

Lol he prolly be like my brother and be taller than me by the time he is 12 lol

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)