Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

More milk coming out of one side???

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
Is it normal that I seem to produce more milk out of one side??? When I pump I get twice as much on my left left side. And how do I increase my milk supply? Are there any foods or anything that help?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyJill87
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:26 AM
I notice for me my right breast is bigger and fills up faster. I'll be glad to see what some people have to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SwannK
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:32 AM

BUMP!

sngonzalez1031
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:33 AM
I have the same thing with my left side. Totally normal and actually extremely common :) I take fenugreek, it's an herbal supplement...3 pills 3 times a day. I know you can also eat oatmeal, but it has to be steel cut oats, not the instant stuff. The fenugreek works wonderfully, but I haven't tried the oatmeal yet.
Are you even sure you have a low supply? You really don't want to try to increase your supply if it isn't genuinely low. Talking to some of the mommies on here who ended up with an oversupply doing that...it sounds REALLY painful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amymama83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:14 AM
I dont think I NEED to build up my supply but wish I had more so I could pump more and get more to store in the fridge/freezer. It's hard to get much after a feeding.

Quoting sngonzalez1031:

I have the same thing with my left side. Totally normal and actually extremely common :) I take fenugreek, it's an herbal supplement...3 pills 3 times a day. I know you can also eat oatmeal, but it has to be steel cut oats, not the instant stuff. The fenugreek works wonderfully, but I haven't tried the oatmeal yet.

Are you even sure you have a low supply? You really don't want to try to increase your supply if it isn't genuinely low. Talking to some of the mommies on here who ended up with an oversupply doing that...it sounds REALLY painful!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cabsmom10
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:15 AM
Same here!

Quoting MommyJill87:

I notice for me my right breast is bigger and fills up faster. I'll be glad to see what some people have to say.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:19 AM
Any kind of oatmeal has worked for me. Whether it be instant, in cOokies, or granola bars.

Quoting sngonzalez1031:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LandonsMom1114
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:24 AM
My left side fills faster and gets fuller than my right. I have tried to make them equal by using my right breast first or just using my right for one feeding and my left for the next but it didn't work. Lol

Maybe try pumping before a feeding.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLyn
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:35 AM
Totally normal and here we are 14 months in and it still is not presenting any issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amymama83
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Me too! Doesn't work. I think I'll go pound some oatmeal now lol maybe that will work for me! :)

Quoting LandonsMom1114:

My left side fills faster and gets fuller than my right. I have tried to make them equal by using my right breast first or just using my right for one feeding and my left for the next but it didn't work. Lol

Maybe try pumping before a feeding.?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:04 PM

Pump WHILE fedding. Normal output is half an ounce to two ounces. And the side difference is as normal as being right or left handed.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)