Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm tired...

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
  • 8 Replies

of the "mothers milk" jokes from my husbands side of the family. Tired of them. I posted a picture of my daughter enjoying her stir fry dinner, and I get comments like... "I guess that mothers milk is not satisfying her anymore, she needs something more filling!" or "she got BORED with that mothers milk!"

Um...no she didn't. She still nurses around the clock and she is not bored or unsatisfied with her milk. Just leave me be and let me nurse my baby. She's still a baby, she needs to nurse. Just because you think its disgusting doesn't mean it is, and it is not going to make me stop, so just stop wasting your breath please & thankyou. 

Thanks ladies. Vent over.

Does anyone else deal with crapola like this from their families?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
proudmum23
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:00 AM
No luckily I've been blessed! I even nurse in front of my MIL and she supports it 100%. Don't let ignorant people get to you. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chrtymcdnl
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:21 AM

omg that is almost unbelieveable that they would do that to you. Continue breastfeeding because you put your dd's health first & congratulations for going as long as you did. Hope you continue for much longer regardless what stupid comments are said to you!

cmack40487
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:22 AM
I'd block them from seeing pictures on FB :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlemonaghan
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I so want to but that would cause an even bigger shiz storm. We live 3000 miles away..hurray! but fb is the only way they see the baby. I'm just tired of their snarky comments. :/

Quoting cmack40487:

MonicaV1982
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:51 PM

I believe that you can make individual photo groups allowable to only certain people. Make a special pic category that they are allowed to see. Also, remember it is your FB, and you don't have to let anyone on that you don't want, or you can always hide stuff from them.

Quoting littlemonaghan:

I so want to but that would cause an even bigger shiz storm. We live 3000 miles away..hurray! but fb is the only way they see the baby. I'm just tired of their snarky comments. :/

Quoting cmack40487:

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:27 PM

I'd stop posting photos altogether. And when they ask, tell 'em when they grow manners you'll start posting again.

You can always delete their comments OR block them from being able to comment.

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:24 PM
I have a similar issue with one of DHs aunts. I post about BLS, she comments on how purées are awesome. I post about the negative affects of CIO, she says research is silly & CIO is the way to go. I post about bfing, she comments on how great formula is.

I've made my own comments right back at her....and post like 5 articles about how great bfing is, how attachment parenting works, etc. at one point I was going to erase her....but she seemed to have stopped commenting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ericarae8
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Post a picture of her breastfeeding and put something like mmmm eating her favorite meal. Lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)