Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

uping my supply

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM
  • 11 Replies

i am EBFing my 6 month old son and i am also pumping to doante for a mom with twins and it just doesn't feel like i am getting what i used to. i nurse DS every 2-3hours but i don't pump what i used to i pump maybe .50oz-2oz i know that is normal but i would like my supply to go any ideas thank you. and would goats rue work? the breawers yeast doesn't seem to be helping i take 10 caples a day!

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jjchick75
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM

If you don't have a supply problem most herbs aren't going to be much help(and it doesn't sound like you do). Your best output time is going to be in the morning and most moms find they pump more if they pump and nurse at the same time.

slvrbtrfly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Fenugreek helps, and oatmeal. You may not be responding to the pump anymore. Have you tried hand expressing?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:29 PM

I'm not sure that since you have a normal supply that anything will reliably work.  You can try anything in the resources sticky safely, but be aware that since you are EBF and pumping, what you get might be as much as you get.

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:50 PM

should i get some goasts rue? or ask my doc to get me some pills?

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:50 PM

BUMP!

slvrbtrfly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM
Haven't heard of goats rue, so I don't know. But speaking from experience, fenugreek will increase even a good supply
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:20 PM

have any of you tried milkin cookies?

http://www.milkin-cookies.com/Success-Stories_ep_45.html

gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 4:43 PM

Goats rue can help. So can the cookies.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I would not put a medication itno my body when it was not NEEDED so I would not ask a doctor for the meds, but goats rue can help, so can the cookies.  If you look at the pump like an extra baby and pump as often as you would feed an extra baby then you should be able to get more

Hoevegirl1986
by Silver Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:08 PM

ok dose anyone know if you can make the cookies with whole wheat flour and cane sugar?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)