Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am scared...but I'm going to do it anyway!!

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
  • 5 Replies
I am going back to breast-feeding full time. I will use donor milk on my super bad days just so I don't feel like I'm going to die (lol in a sad sort of way). Bottles just aren't working. She hates them, I hate them and getting donor milk is tough (I do have a couple wondeful ladies who pump for me and still will as needed). She went on a bottle strike again. I tried sippy cups and those were worse than the bottles!! I am hoping only to use the donor milk a couple times per week.

Quick question - to increase my supply again all I have to do is nurse, nurse, nurse right? Just making sure :)

Please pray, as this will not be easy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
maggiemom2000
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Plan an all day movie marathon and lay down with baby at the breast!

slvrbtrfly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM
Pump after nursing will help too, and give you some backup. Eat oatmeal. Fenugreek and mothers milk tea help, too
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 2:31 PM

Yes, keep nursing and supply should respond.  Good luck with this endeavor!  Aren't you having some kind of procedure soon?

YzmaRocks
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:02 PM
I was going to but ended up canceling it. It just wasn't going to work out (at this time) and it had a really high failure rate (about a 50/50 shot). So we decided that it wasn't worth the risk, especially since I will have to have surgery at some point even if it did work.

Quoting mama02040608:

Yes, keep nursing and supply should respond.  Good luck with this endeavor!  Aren't you having some kind of procedure soon?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
manda-nicole010
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 3:36 PM

When I was increasing my supply I would pump first thing in morning and at night on both breasts and then throughout the day I'd pump on the opposite breast the baby was on and then switch after the pump got out all it could. babies can get out more than the pump so the baby will still get some out and that always helped increase my supply usually within a week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)