Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

off topic- baby wearing

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

I have a 12 week old little girl (13 lbs) and an active 2 year old. I'd like to wear my baby more to give her more attention while I run around with my older daughter. So far, I do well when on my feet using my bjorn, but when I'm sitting in the floor with my DD, the bjorn is uncomfortable for me and my infant. I was wondering what carriers you recommend and what types of holds would work best. I also have an ergo and a moby from my friend. She's too small for the ergo since i don't have the insert and I've never used the moby (I plan on trying it this week though).

Thank you in advance for your help :)

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BroCosMom
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Looove the moby! Super nice to nurse in too! And ergo is amazing as well I wear my 23 month old in it still
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peekaboo528
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I loved my moby you can do lots of holds with that. I think you'll be happy with it. I'd also try a sling. U can do a few different holds with that too. The sling I use my mom got from LLL when she was pregnant with me! (I'm 22) my little guy is 9 months and I still use the sling haven't done the moby in awhile due to a back issue. Good luck and enjoy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momsthename0609
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:58 PM
The moby is awesome for little ones! I also have a woven wrap so I can wear DS on my back also.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorsmommy08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:03 PM

A lot of ppl like wraps like the Moby or Mei Tai. I prefer slings like the peanut shell one. But I'm just too lazy to get a moby and try to figure it out :). I like simplicity.

mamak3211
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM

I have a moby and love it. I still use it for my 10 month old. I have heard amazing things about the ergo so when she is big enough I would try that. The moby really isn't hard once you get the hang of it. Check out the moby website they have good instructions and look up videos online of how to wrap it.

Elyssa414
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:08 PM
I love my Moby, but need something quicker to put on and off, so I just ordered a mei tai. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ecagle
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I loved my moby for when babies are little!!! Right now, I'm actually loving my ring sling, but my lil man is a bit older!!!!  I also have a woven wrap and a pognae (similar to the ergo)...

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

Bree0922
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:20 PM
I have a ring sling that I use with dd2 right now, but I also have a gauze wrap,a woven wrap and an ergo.
I love them ALL for different reasons.
The ring sling is great because it's quick and it's SUPER easy to nurse in.
The gauze wrap is very thin so it breathes very well..and I love wraps because of how much support there is.
The woven wrap is awesome because it's VERY sturdy.it's great for heavier kids.
The ergo it's great because it's supportive like a wrap, but WAY faster :)

I would consider replacing your Bjorn...it's really bad for lo's hips and spine
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candycrz
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:22 PM
I want a moby but its costly
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ArmyWife0927
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:24 PM

I have a baby k'tan. I've only used it twice but so far I like it. It is really easy to use and I can nurse Chelsea in it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)