Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Yeast?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
  • 18 Replies
How to tell the diff between diaper rash and yeast.. I took two antibiotic pills for a dental procedure last week and my LO has a nasty diaper rash.. I'm paranoid and my nips are stinging.. I hope that's in my head.. Any way to tell the diff
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lorsmommy08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:04 PM

It's probably thrush if there are both symptoms. Get some genetian violet and grapeseed extract. Use the GV before nursing to treat you and baby. Not sure about the diaper rash, we've never dealt with those. Oh and wash your bras and his pants/stuff with vinegar. And a good probitoic for you and him wouldn't hurt, either.

Stardar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Is it grapeseed or grapefruit seed? Where can I get GV?

Quoting lorsmommy08:

It's probably thrush if there are both symptoms. Get some genetian violet and grapeseed extract. Use the GV before nursing to treat you and baby. Not sure about the diaper rash, we've never dealt with those. Oh and wash your bras and his pants/stuff with vinegar. And a good probitoic for you and him wouldn't hurt, either.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I agree with pp, its probably yeast. Also take some probiotics, and avoid refined sugar for a few days.

It will clear up soon.

Stardar
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Does anyone know if I can use monistat or antifungle like foot cream?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:10 PM

Grapeseed extract.

You can get it anywhere really. I got mine from Whole foods.

Quoting Stardar:

Quoting lorsmommy08:

MamaHome
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:11 PM

This might sound weird BUT

hear me out. Garlic.

Put a clove in your vagina overnight. It WILL help, and no side effects at all. I do it everytime.

Quoting Stardar:

LJC6780
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM

If it is yeast, you can use Clotrimazole (Generic for Lotrimin) on the baby.. it is gentle enough to be safe.. DON'T use Lamisil... it's too strong!

Quoting Stardar:

blg5484
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:12 PM

grapeFRUIT seed and the GV is hard to find you jut have to check around a yeast rash is usually a bright red  shiney color

Quoting Stardar:

Quoting lorsmommy08:

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

blg5484
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:13 PM

it probably wont work it didnt for us

Quoting Stardar:

Jesus Christ, Albert Einstein and Michael Jordan were all breastfed to

age three and beyond. The day YOU have SIX NBA Championship rings and

millions of dollars in endorsement contracts, a Noble Prize in Physics

AND the ability to walk on water, you may make comments.
breastfeeding

lorsmommy08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM

grapeseed- when ds was a newbie he had thrush that lasted forever. The only thing that worked for us. Was me taking 2 grapeseed tablets 2x a day and then probiotics were 2 tablets 3x a day and then GV at night 2x a week. The GV we got on amazon, but I think you can find it at like Walgreens or other pharmacies. You might have to ask for it, though. Get the 1% and paint your nips, let baby nurse. That's how I found it best to treat both.

http://www.amazon.com/Grape-Seed-Antioxidant-100mg-Capsule/dp/B00028M9EU/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1326670157&sr=8-7

That's what I used ^^ and it worked great I'm sure the grape fruit one would work too. Its just an antioxidant.

Quoting Stardar:

Quoting lorsmommy08:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)