Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Important

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 10 Replies
My son is 10 weeks old and i have been ebf him from only my right breast, he does sonetimes latch on the left one but has trouble because my inverted nipple. Well i just got a pump and i want to start pumping my left boob but my milk supply is low and nothing but drops come out when i pump. Is there any way i can get my milk supply up on my left breast? Is it possiable?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
maggiemom2000
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Just keep pumping and the milk will come. Be patient, it will take some time.

kaffedrikke
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Maggie mom is right. Eat enough good calories too.
gumbeme06
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Pump output has nothing to do with supply... I would just keep trying to latch, it will eventually come out. Mine were really flat alomst inverted it took some time but eventually they came out. Before you latch him try to pull it out yourself
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:28 PM
The pumping may also help the nipple evert. Have patience and keep trying to latch periodically.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 10:36 PM
It takes time to get supply back. Give it time :-)

Quoting maggiemom2000:

Just keep pumping and the milk will come. Be patient, it will take some time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MonicaV1982
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:40 PM

Have you tried pumping just enough to tease you nipple out? Really, it's breastfeeding, not nipple feeding. I understand though that it can be difficult. Another option to look into is breast shells to help goad it out.

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:43 PM

Just pump regularly... you have to be dedicated and do it reguarly, everyday.

Mrs.Pedro
by Bronze Member on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:09 AM

If you have a double electric you might be able to get more if you can manage to pump the left while nursing on the right side. Keep up pumping and drink plenty of water and you should be able to bring your supply up enough on that side.

rpowers12
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:11 AM

Everytime you nurse on your right side pump your left side. Eventually it will increase. It could take a few days for your body to catch on but it will catch up. You can eat oatmeal and be plenty hydrated.

Gruntlings
by on Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:46 AM

Training your breast to let down to the pump takes time. Your supply has adapted to having baby feed off of a single breast.

By the way have you tried nipple shells (not shields) or a latch-assist? There are ways to get baby to latch onto the "bad" side. Just trying to make sure you've gotten all that information. :)

Also, are you supplementing? Or are you just pumping to store?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)