• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Way to much to handle... *tears*

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 28 Replies
I think Im done. I cant triple feed anymore. Its taken a tole on me emotionaly. I know its best if I continue, but I cant get my supply up. Thanks for all the help you guys gave me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MedicturnedMama
by Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:43 PM
I'm sorry you have had such a hard time! You have done the best you could! Be proud for the time you did it. Don't be hard on yourself! Your baby has benefited from every feeding you have given him, and formula won't negate that! Congrats for making it this far!
wesleysmom08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Thanks. DD and I made it to 5mo. I was hoping for 1yr, but oh well.

Quoting MedicturnedMama:

I'm sorry you have had such a hard time! You have done the best you could! Be proud for the time you did it. Don't be hard on yourself! Your baby has benefited from every feeding you have given him, and formula won't negate that! Congrats for making it this far!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM
2 moms liked this
I recognize your sn but I am not familiar with your situation, could you fill me in? Remember that breastfeeding doesn't have to be all or nothing, do what you can do whether that means once a day or many times more. Any breastmilk is better than none at all, and it's still wonderful bonding time with your little one. Breastfeeding moms often get stuck focusing on quantity over quality, any amount is beneficial, even one single drop. 1 drop of breastmilk contains more than 200 stem cells and has active antibodies in it. Get yourself a copy of the book Defining your own success by Diane West.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mirauder
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:54 PM
I am sorry that things have ended up this way. Your daughter gotten plenty of your nourishment for a long time. You should be proud and you are a success. I wish you less stress in the future. Good luck.
wesleysmom08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I got the depo in october, we both had thrush around thanksgiving. She went on a strike due to teething, in october I got food poisioning in october that caused a huge supply. She was also born with a tongue tie that was fixed at about 1 month old, and she had a 12 day NICU stay because she was a 35 weeker. We have had everything thrown our way. I might try and pump a couple times a day so that she can have some mommy milk but I cant do it at every feeding.

She has trouble nursing because her teeth are really bothering her.

Quoting Daynaof3:

I recognize your sn but I am not familiar with your situation, could you fill me in? Remember that breastfeeding doesn't have to be all or nothing, do what you can do whether that means once a day or many times more. Any breastmilk is better than none at all, and it's still wonderful bonding time with your little one. Breastfeeding moms often get stuck focusing on quantity over quality, any amount is beneficial, even one single drop. 1 drop of breastmilk contains more than 200 stem cells and has active antibodies in it. Get yourself a copy of the book Defining your own success by Diane West.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:04 PM
Thanks mama

Quoting Mirauder:

I am sorry that things have ended up this way. Your daughter gotten plenty of your nourishment for a long time. You should be proud and you are a success. I wish you less stress in the future. Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:12 PM
2 moms liked this

One drop made you a success. And if tomorrow you decide to change your mind... you can.

Daynaof3
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Have you gotten any support irl?

Quoting wesleysmom08:

I got the depo in october, we both had thrush around thanksgiving. She went on a strike due to teething, in october I got food poisioning in october that caused a huge supply. She was also born with a tongue tie that was fixed at about 1 month old, and she had a 12 day NICU stay because she was a 35 weeker. We have had everything thrown our way. I might try and pump a couple times a day so that she can have some mommy milk but I cant do it at every feeding.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Elyssa414
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:22 PM
2 moms liked this
You have made it 5 months! That's awesome!! Good job. *HUGS*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wesleysmom08
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this
I have been going to lactation every other weekend.

Quoting Daynaof3:

Have you gotten any support irl?

Quoting wesleysmom08:

Quoting Daynaof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)