Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM
  • 919 Replies
10 moms liked this

wave Welcome to the Breastfeeding Moms group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Breastfeeding Mom's signature to your post:
Breastfeeding Moms Group Signatures 

Find information, resources & FAQs here:
Information, Resources & FAQ's

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Breastfeeding Moms group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RavenDravenF
by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM
4 moms liked this

hi im madison. and i am going to a first time mom.

caramelH
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 7:37 AM
3 moms liked this

Hi i'm Hafida, and i'm fisrt time momy with a little baby angel, her name is Sofia-Dina , and i just believe that breat-momy-milk is best ever for a healthy baby 

Shaybay218
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 8:30 AM
2 moms liked this

I'm down to my last 3 wks then i'm bringing out the pumps...i'm so excited

Gruntlings
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 9:08 AM
5 moms liked this
I'm Sarah. I'm a moderator here as well as an old timer in the group.

I'm 31, and due with a little girl in April. This will be my third child and the third child that I have breastfed.

Everyone has different goals with breastfeeding. My personal goals are 6mos of exclusive breastfeeding, breastfeeding + solids after 6mos, and then child led weaning with a minimum of 2 years of nursing as per the World Health Organization. With my first I met those goals, with my second there have been hiccups such as introduction of solids at 5mos due to low weight gain (which made the problem worse since his issue was a tongue tie that eventually got clipped at 8mos), and my second son has mostly weaned at 19mos due to my being pregnant with his little sister.

You'll see me along with the other moderators in the group answering questions, doling out support, offering encouragement and congratulations, and seeking answers for ourselves as well. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hubbardmh
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 2:18 PM

My name is Heather. I am a mother of 3. I have two boys and a girl. I breastfed both boys and am currently bf my daughter. She is 5 months old and is still waking every 2-3 hours to feed. Any tips on pumping so I can store some and maybe once and a while go out or have my husband feed her at night?????

MamaStuart
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

My name is Amber.

I'm 19, my step son, Oliver, is 2 and my first baby, Mason Matthew, will be here in March. I plan to breastfeed my baby because I want the best nutrition for him and because it is a bonding opportunity I refuse to pass up. My mother did not breast feed and my aunt had to stop early on because her supply dried up so I don't really have a lot of "tech support" from the family. Needless to say, I was very happy to see this group. :)

hubbardmh
by on Feb. 2, 2012 at 2:19 PM

what is child led weaning?

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 3:30 AM

Hi, I am Dawn.. an IBCLC, LLL Leader, and a Moderator in Breastfeeding Moms. It is a pleasure to be here with all of you, sharing information and support in breastfeeding and motherhood in general! I am also a happily married wife of sixteen years and stay at home mom homeschooling our four children, all of whom have been exclusively breastfed their first year of life and naturally weaned.... except for the baby, who is contentedly still nursing!

Crunchy Moms La Leche League ~ Natural Family Planning
                        ♥♥♥♥ Click the title to join us in these great groups ♥♥♥

by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 3:19 PM
Hi, my name is Sarah. I have a ds(6) and a dd(11mo), and I'm 9 weeks with #3. I've been with Dh for 7 years, married 2. I am a nurse but currently sahm cuz I can't find work... I breastfed ds for a couple months till I went back to work, I had problems pumping so I gave up... With dd I felt pressured in the hosp so once again I gave up:( with this one I am determined to do my best and use all the resources I can in order to breastfeed as long as I can:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HeatherNadine
by on Feb. 3, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Hello there!  My name is Heather I am a full time working mom. I have breast fed all my kiddos.  I just had my third child Nov. 12, 2011. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN