Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

wave Welcome to the Breastfeeding Moms group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Breastfeeding Mom's signature to your post:
Breastfeeding Moms Group Signatures 

Find information, resources & FAQs here:
Information, Resources & FAQ's

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Breastfeeding Moms group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Replies (291-300):
Lora341
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 8:32 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Lora. First time mom to 2 week old William. Having some breast feeding issues but trying to work through them
Meganchacon
by on Apr. 27, 2012 at 9:31 PM
Hi my name is Megan and in a mom of a 6 year old girl and I'm about to have an other lil angle that will be a boy due may 10,2012. And I'm new at this breast feeding stuff I didn't breast feed my daughter cuz I had her at a young age but I want to breast feed this one and I don't know really how to do it I have a sister that told me some stuff and friends that tell me it hurts. I just want to know from some other moms what it's like and what u should be doing.
kittiekattie83
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 4:43 AM

Hi. Im Crystal. I just had my 3rd baby on april 3rd :) 

shelliek
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:59 AM

I am Shellie and I'm due with DD#2 in August. Hoping my supply is much better with #2 then it was with #1. My milk dried up by 4 1/2 months with DD#1. i think it was the stress of moving to a new city with my hubby, not having any support in a new city and the issue that I think affected me the most is that my mom unexpectedly died approx. 1 week after DD#1 was born unexpectedly. She never got to meet her 1st grandchild, so I think I was quite depressed and it affected my milk supply. The pediatrician agreed too that was most likely the cause, the sudden passing of my mother (she was my best friend!). So in addition, my hubby brought his mother to stay with us for 2 1/2 months when DD#1 was 4 1/2 mos and with all the added stress she placed on me (wanting me to cook everyday , take her places etc. ) on top of my depression and demands of an infant my milk dried up. This time MIL is def. NOT coming to stay with us as I am not risking my infants health for anything this time....already told hubby she is not to come as this one is going to breastfeed for at least the 1st year and I don't need the added stress of my MIL who is judgmental and makes me cook, go shopping etc on top of taking care of a needy infant (now in addition to my 6 year old!)

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies. I'm sure I'll be asking a lot of bf questions since I never really got a chance to really bf DD#1 nearly as long I'd wanted!

mommylang
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Hi.  I'm Rene.  I have a 3 year old boy, Riley and a 6 1/2 year old boy Avery.  I am 12w 2d pregnant with #3.  We did not plan this, and actually had resolved to being "done" with our 2 boys.   I will be staying home again for a while! My boys are super excited about the baby! Especially Avery! I have been with my SO for 10 years June 1st and i think he is going to make an "honest" woman of me.  We are going to get married at the courthouse with just family, or if we can find someone maybe outside at a park with a few friends. 

I Bf Avery for 15 months and Riley for almost 18months.  I plan on doing the same with the new baby.  I just bf for as long as it is a mutal desire for both of us.  Riley was a little harder to wean, as I was a lil more ready to be done than he was.  We will see what this baby needs and wants. :)

MamaBear78640
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 11:27 AM
Nicole here. Wife to one amazing hubbie, Paul. Mother of two beautiful children, Tiffany - 8 yo and Robert - 2.5 mo. We live in Kyle, Texas.

***Group Owner of Kyle Village***
ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Hello all breastfeeding mothers!!

My name is Maryann, I am 23 and I am a mother of 6 beautiful kids, by which 5 of them were bottle fed and my last little princess is breastfed.

I am so glad I chose this option, if I knew I would have this kind of experience, I would have bf all of my kids.

How is everyone?

Feel free to add me as your friend. =)

hugs

Mommy of 4 handsome boys && 2 beautiful girls!

ProudMommyOf6ix
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:26 PM

Hi Megan. I am Maryann and I am a breastfeeding mom. My little girl is 15 months old now and she still is being bf. I have a total of 6 kids and this is my first time breastfeeding and let me just say, I wished I would have bf with all of them. I was a little scared at first, but after a while, it comes so natural. But it's not the easiest (well for me anyways, idk how it is with all mothers, but this is my experience) Sometimes I would worry she wasn't getting enough milk, that I wasn't producing enough milk for her. I talked to my doctor and he said the breasts is always producing milk and this is a common thing for newly bf moms to worry about. Bottom line, my daughter WAS getting enough even when I was stressing over it. Another thing was my nipples got really sore, I guess they were adjusting, but within a few weeks they were fine and it was no problem. I am so glad I chose to bf, it is the best thing ever!

I hope this helps =)

Quoting Meganchacon:

Hi my name is Megan and in a mom of a 6 year old girl and I'm about to have an other lil angle that will be a boy due may 10,2012. And I'm new at this breast feeding stuff I didn't breast feed my daughter cuz I had her at a young age but I want to breast feed this one and I don't know really how to do it I have a sister that told me some stuff and friends that tell me it hurts. I just want to know from some other moms what it's like and what u should be doing.

Mommy of 4 handsome boys && 2 beautiful girls!

anitalynn7
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 4:23 PM
Hi, my name is Ana & I am a first-time mom to my 13-month-old daughter. I work full-time & still pump 3X/day at work & would like to continue for as long as DD still wants my milk while we're apart, but am starting to feel some pressure to stop pumping (many think it's weird since she's now over a year old). I am also new to Cafemom & am looking to connect w/other moms!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Plumb_Pudding
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 6:59 PM

My name is Ally I'm a 23 year old single mom with a nearly 6 week old and a 3 1/2 year old.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN