Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms!! Introduce yourself...

Posted by   + Show Post

wave Welcome to the Breastfeeding Moms group!  We're glad you're here!

Our goal is to get you to connect with other moms!!

Step 1:   Introduce yourself by replying to this post.   It will help us get to know you a little bit.

Step 2:  Jump right in and reply to any posts that you find interesting.  You may want to start some new conversations, too.

Step 3:  Feel free to invite some of the moms you meet here to be your friendTo send someone a friend invitation, click on the "Invite as a friend" link under their picture on their page.  

Here is a link to the CafeMom Help Desk:
The CafeMom Help Desk - Ask Questions Here! FAQs, Tips and Abbreviations...

If you'd like your 1st name or nickname added to your posts, click here:
Would you like your 1st name added to your posts? 

Add a Breastfeeding Mom's signature to your post:
Breastfeeding Moms Group Signatures 

Find information, resources & FAQs here:
Information, Resources & FAQ's

If you ever have a question or need any help, feel free to send me a private message. 

We really want you to find support in this group!

Now click reply and introduce yourself:)

coffeeMake yourself at home and enjoy!

Jenn and the Breastfeeding Moms group mods

by on Feb. 1, 2012 at 9:46 AM
Replies (31-40):
cemcnair
by Courtney on Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM
My employer has been great from the start and continue to be so even though I am over the year mark! It was difficult to get into a good schedule, but I have never had any supply issues. In fact, my good pump broke two weeks ago and I've been using a crappy even flo, soave been weaning down the amount I pump. This week will be my last I have decided. I have enough milk in my freezer to last ds until at least two at daycare and we will still nurse when we are together!

Quoting funhappymom:

Quoting cemcnair:

I'm courtney. Been in this group since ds was about 4 months old. He is now 18 months and happily breastfeeding. We are attempting night weaning because of an upcoming business trip I have :/ not great.

I have been pumping at work this whole time and bf on demand when we are together. We will continue to bf even if night weaning is successful.

Was it hard at first to pump at work? Has your employer been good about it from the beginning?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funhappymom
by Marie on Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Quoting lily16:

Hi! My name is Kristen. I am a first time mom to a precious baby boy named Ethan.

Welcome Kristen. Congrats on your son.

funhappymom
by Marie on Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:13 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting babyNme128:

OhHey! My name is Ashley, and I'm mother to a beautiful baby girl Carmen Elise (little girl with a BIG appetite)! :) Hope to meet a lot more moms like myself!

Welcome to the group Ashley. I love your daughter's name.

funhappymom
by Marie on Feb. 6, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Quoting 1she:

hi my name is muslima friends call me musly. i am 22 and a mom to a 4month old. i have finished my teaching diploma, n practiced for 2 years. i live with my in-laws. i do go to a job but not as a teacher as a care taker.........i love talking and making new freinds.............i luv recycling and doing new things............

Hi Musly. Welcome to the group. I'm sure you'll make lots of new friends here.

MamaBear247
by on Feb. 6, 2012 at 6:25 PM
I am mother of one, 7 month old. I've been breast feeding since day one and have recently been feeding my baby rice cereal and now rice cereal mixed with baby's firsts. I don't have a plan for how long or how to wean. I'd like to see what has or is working for other moms. Also looking for advice... Baby does not have teeth but I can only describe it as biting down while nursing. PAINFUL!!! How do I get this to stop?
quiltingmom77
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Hello,

I am Nicole and though I am not BF'ing my son anymore I believe strong support and advice can get you through many challenges during Bf'ing, especially those first 3 weeks.

Bf'ed my son exclusively until he was 5 1/2 month old and continued to nurse him until he was 3 1/2 years old. There were many challenges and troubles along the way, but it was all worth it in the end and I would do it all over again given the chance.

Breastfeeding is one of the best gifts you can give to your baby, so keep at it Ladies :).

kas19
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 1:03 PM

I'm Kala. i don't currently breastfeed but I did with my daughter for 7 months until I got sick. I plan on breastfeeding my other once they arrive for as long as I can.

EmmaLeeMaLa
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 5:24 PM

Hello, my name is Emily. Pregnant with baby #3 and this will be my second time breastfeeding. I had a challenging time last go around and I am hoping to make better progress and have more support this time. Thank you for letting me join, look forward to meeting other moms who contribute to breast feeding :)

momo3fgr8tteens
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Okay I am not currently breastfeeding. I have breastfed three kids. I am not against formula but I breastmilk is better. I just joined the group to advocate for those of you breastfeeding or considering breastfeeding. I have three very healthy teenagers not who I ebf for as long as they would let me. I had to quit at a year with my dd because I was pregnant with my ds and was very sick and was getting dehydrated. Doctor said I needed the nutrients for me and my baby and I was just too sick to nurse. I would have bf longer if the situation had been different. I just want to support bfing moms. 

quiltingmom77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Your lo might be trying to rush the flow of milk by trying to chomp down. Put something wamr on your breast before feeding to make the milk flow a bit faster and see if that makes it better.

Once you start feeding them other foods, they sometimes try to rush the nursing as they get full quicker with the rice cereal. Mine used to treat me like a Mc. Donalds drive-through, but the warm compresses did the trick and he stopped.

Good luck and keep us updated!

Quoting MamaBear247:

I am mother of one, 7 month old. I've been breast feeding since day one and have recently been feeding my baby rice cereal and now rice cereal mixed with baby's firsts. I don't have a plan for how long or how to wean. I'd like to see what has or is working for other moms. Also looking for advice... Baby does not have teeth but I can only describe it as biting down while nursing. PAINFUL!!! How do I get this to stop?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)