Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One more question on juice

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
Ok so I asked about me time the other day and thank you I felt alot better after reading the responses, I also asked about flavoring formula and I totatly changed my mind about the ocasinal formula bottle bcuz that stuff smells horrible and im gonna hive pumping another try, any way my question now is. First my doc gave the ok to give my baby juice she is 6 months old the doc told me to just give her half juice and half water so wen I got home I got to thinking instead of the store bought juice can I.make fresh fruit juice and add water to that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FLmommy0204
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:20 AM
1 mom liked this

My pedi said no need for juice, it's just a filler.  Fresh fruit is much better and offer water in a sippy.  Fresh juice would be much better than store bought fruit juice.  I'd do more water than juice though as juice can lead to diaper rashes. 

angelbabies14
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:27 AM
juice is very harsh on their bellies. Well it is for my kids anyway. My DD 3.5 yo can't even drink juice without having a belly ache or saying her pee burns. I would say water is best. My kids never had anything but water and its great because they love it. Juice can also cause other issues (even when fresh) if you want to flavor their water, drop an orange slice or apple slice in the sippy cup. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

there is no benefit to juice really, its extra sugar and its much better for bab to just have a few bites of fruit rather than than the juice.  If you want to make your own thats fine just be careful because fresh juice doesnt last long, as in drink it as soon as its made if possible.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 AM

btw just because you CAN do something doesnt mean you SHOULD

brittanyx22
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:32 AM
Unsweetened apple juice has more sugar than a can of soda .. No juice!!

Adam and eve apple juice has 36g of sugar for an 8oz glass
A 12oz can of pepsi has 41g of sugar!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)