• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thought you guys might like an update!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this

Solace is off the nipple shield! All on her own, she knocked it off a few days ago and we havent looked back!

They did give me trouble about not wanting to giver her a bottle and almost told me I couldnt take her home till she had some for a few days, but then I said no and they told me that I would have to stay and nurse her 24/7 and sleep in the waiting room. At that point, I told them how ridiculous they were being, and started really complaining and I was offered a private room with her in order to be able to stay full time with her.

Since then she has done great! They told me that I could nurse her on demand, but no less than every three hours, and in two days she gained 3 oz. On the amount they were giving her, she was gained a half an ounce a day!

So we are now home and about to go to our first doctors appointment to monitor her weight! 

Are you due in March 2012? Come join us!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Cafe Jenn
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

Wahoo!!!!

Thanks for the update. I'm so glad you guys got to go home already. That's terrific.

TwinmomAlicia
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:12 AM
Wow, that's awesome! What a great outcome! Good for you for standing up for her!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.sealuchas.
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh she is two weeks old and we managed a NICU stay with no bottles and no formula!

ceckyl
by Kyla on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:30 AM
That's awesome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
slvrbtrfly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)