Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Surgery Done Last Night

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
  • 7 Replies

It was set for 3 but OR and dr was running over so I didn't get in till 5 or 5:30. I got home about 8 andwent to bed at 11.  Now I have percacet and ibprofen.  The pain isn't very bad which is good.  If I really need to take the percs it is only at night the ibprofen does wonders during the day.

I was told by the dr and anastesiolgist to pump and dump for 24 hours the dr said 2 days.  Well sense I don't have my lil man with me I have been pumping (no fun takes for ever) in 2 sessions I have got 21 ounces.  I have them in my freezer sense I was smart enough to ask people who seem to know more about breastfeeding and milk than the dr's seem to.  I really would have been heartbroken to have to waste all that milk that could help him when I am not with him and daddy is or another sitter.

I though I would let those who answered my questions know that all is well and a huge thanks for the answers.

dollbanner.gif dollbanner picture by WILCOX2005Green Living Blog

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Rainray2
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:20 PM
Glad to hear everything went well. Hoping for a fast recovery!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:25 PM

Glad surgery went well. Yes, it is very discouraging how many women are sabotaged by medical professionals who we assume must know better. :-(  I've seen many women wean over incorrect advice. I am one myself.

WILCOX2005
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Thank you I am hoping for a fast recovery as well and it should be sense I will be taking it easy for a least a week and making my post op appointment today.

I didn't want to be misled by the dr's and waste what he could use later by drinking or in his babyfood.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Is there a reason you don't have your LO with you? Theres no reason to dump the milk and as soon as you are with baby youc an nurse

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/mom-surgery.html

WILCOX2005
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Yes my husbands aunt decided to keep him over night sense I wasn't even able to hold him and he loves to sleep with me she wanted me to have 1 night to get the anastesia out of my system sense that was the first time ever having a surgery she is a nurse and didn't want anything to happen to him sense I couldn't even hold him.I get him back today now that it has worn off. I still had to have help at 6am just to walk to the bathroom. Better safe than sorry I will be nursing him when he gets home and he will be a very happy little boy i can't wait.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

Is there a reason you don't have your LO with you? Theres no reason to dump the milk and as soon as you are with baby youc an nurse

http://www.kellymom.com/health/illness/mom-surgery.html

starreyedcutie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:13 PM
Glad ur home
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WILCOX2005
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:17 PM

thank you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)