Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Can you lose all of your pp weight while breastfeeding?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
  • 69 Replies

I was wondering if it was possible to lose all of your baby weight while you're breastfeeding. I am 7 pounds away and haven't done any harsh dieting or excessive exercising. I'm just trying to make "goo" choices. My friend said I won't lose the rest until I've stopped breastfeeding. She said that's when she lost her weight and that's when all of her friends did too. Is that true?

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:32 PM
I can't loose weight until I stop bfing, it doesn't matter how much I try :/ There are some women who can't stop loosing weight though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LKRA
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM

There is no set "truth" when it comes to breastfeeding and weight loss. Some women lose, some gain, some don't go either way. It depends on the woman.

My personal experience is that I lost all my pregnancy weight with my daughter when she was 4 months old.

With my son, who will be 4 months old on the 19th, I lost it all within 2 months, and lost another 14 pounds after that, and it's still falling off. lol

larissalarie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:33 PM
It depends on the woman, but it's definitely possible!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofNikki2010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

How old is baby? I lost all of mine plus some while breastfeeding but it didn't really ramp up until she turned about 13-14 months. All of a sudden, I was dropping weight like crazy. Before that I steadily lost though. Right now, I am 11 weeks pregnant and still weigh less than what I did in high school. Still breastfeeding my 19 month old.

tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:34 PM

YEP you can lose all your weight, course youc an also gain alot like I do lol

MomofAlice
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:35 PM
My lo is almost 6 months and I can't lose anything. My diet is better than it was before I got pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTryon
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:37 PM
DD is only a month old and I already weigh less than I did before I got pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaNeeNee
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM
I have, my dd is almost 12 Mos. I hv also been TRYING very hard to lose the weight. I am working on baby no1 weight.. And he's almost 5 lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnt_2_b_mommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:38 PM
All depends on the woman, I lost all mine plus 10 more lbs and kept it off. Some lose more and some don't lose at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Babyshoe
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Thanks for the answers :) You girls are fast! DD will be 4 months next week. I'm hoping the rest of the weight (possibly more comes off soon too), but I'm always so hungry! I eat so much now. I guess from the breastfeeding?

Thanks again:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)