Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need ideas!

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
I co-sleep and by this age all both of my older boys were STTN (7-5) by 10 months, which is how old my youngest is now. My youngest is still getting up 3 times a night to nurse and so I still co-sleep with him. The problem is he is now very mobile and I am afraid he is going to fall off of my bed and get hurt, so I have been trying to get him to sleep in his crib but he hates it and screams whenever I put him in it. So I need non CIO ideas to get him to sleep in his crib or safely sleep in mine. I just want to add that he NEVER sleeps in the crib not even for naps, he has hated the crib since birth and I never tried to get him to sleep in it because I figured it would happen in his own time but it doesn't seem to be and now I am worried about his safety.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:59 PM

What about making his crib a more enjoyable place by putting a new toy in it and letting him play in the crib for 5 minutes during the day time.  Maybe he'll be less horrified by the crib if he knows he'll get the special toy AND that it won't be for a long time? 

We bed-share with our DS, now 10 months.  He sleeps in a "The First Years" co-sleeper that rests on the bed between us.  (We got it from Target for about $27).  When he outgrew it, we just cut off the base, so his head and shoulders are still protected by the short walls.  Our DS is getting a lot more active, but luckily he's never tried to get out of bed, even when he's taking a nap by himself...

SewingMamaLele
by Leanne on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Get a bedrail.   Both of mine fell off at one point or another (we've never had a bedrail!)... it happens!   :)  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Momsthename0609
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Quoting GoodyBrook:

What about making his crib a more enjoyable place by putting a new toy in it and letting him play in the crib for 5 minutes during the day time.  Maybe he'll be less horrified by the crib if he knows he'll get the special toy AND that it won't be for a long time? 

We bed-share with our DS, now 10 months.  He sleeps in a "The First Years" co-sleeper that rests on the bed between us.  (We got it from Target for about $27).  When he outgrew it, we just cut off the base, so his head and shoulders are still protected by the short walls.  Our DS is getting a lot more active, but luckily he's never tried to get out of bed, even when he's taking a nap by himself...

My little guy is a wiggle worm lol, he moves around a lot, and most nights ends up kicking me in the back at night. I will try your advice!

GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM

Quoting Momsthename0609:

My little guy is a wiggle worm lol, he moves around a lot, and most nights ends up kicking me in the back at night. I will try your advice!

Yeah, my kidneys have likely suffered permanent damage from DS's pocky little heels!  (But that's better than taking a poke to the gut in the middle of the night)  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)