• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some advice... Not OT but involves religion...

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
  • 24 Replies

Hi guys.  I have a bit of a problem.  Well not really a problem but I would like some advice.  I am Southern Baptist and go to church weekly.  I happen to keep the infant room at church so nursing is never an issue.  I will either walk next door to the nursing room (because it has super comfy chairs and a tv) or will just nurse in the room when we are short on help.  I use an Uddercover and have never had problems.  Everyone has made me feel so comfortable.  I have no problem NIP anywhere.  I was so shy at first but it is so second nature and everyone in this group has helped me to see how natural and wonderful nursing is.  I do use a cover most of the time because I am large chested and because I know it makes the people with me more comfortable.

Ok to my problem.  DH just started a new schedule that allows him to be off 2 months of Sundays at a time.  We made a deal that when he is off on Sundays the family will go to church with him so that we are all together.  He grew up baptist but in middle school moved to a Pentecostal Holiness Church.  I have only been with him once before we were even married.  He is nervous about going back and I am nervous about going.  I know that they are huge on modesty and I am not sure what to do when I need to feed LO.  I know that I have the right to anywhere but I want to be respectful of what these people believe.  Is it any different than my church?  They don't have a nursery so I don't know where I'll take him and I don't want to make a huge deal about it. 

Wow.  I am sorry this is so long and it may be confusing.  This is my first post with my new computer and not mobile and its so much easier to type I get carried away.  If anyone has any advice or knowledge I would greatly appreciate it.  And if I left out anything you need to know just ask!

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lifetimelove
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:58 PM
4 moms liked this
If you want to be respectful than use a cover. Even in the most modest of people, I can't see how breastfeeding a child with nothing visible could possibly be construed as not being modest.

Personally, and I am a modest woman and a conservative Christian and I believe by the very nature of the act breastfeeding cannot be immodest.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alligurl186
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:03 PM

Quoting lifetimelove:

If you want to be respectful than use a cover. Even in the most modest of people, I can't see how breastfeeding a child with nothing visible could possibly be construed as not being modest.

Personally, and I am a modest woman and a conservative Christian and I believe by the very nature of the act breastfeeding cannot be immodest.

Thanks.  I don't know why I am so nervous.  I think I am more nervous about the whole new church thing and the different religion and its making me overthink everything.  I NEVER have trouble NIP but this has me bothered. 

GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Additionally, you may wish to arrive early and secure a seat in the rear pew. This will make everyone crane their necks to the rear if they want to watch you nurse! :)
Baby4us09
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:05 PM

I go to an AG church and no one has said anything to me.  I wouldn't be nervous. Just be yourself.  :)

mamatel
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:09 PM
Sit in the back or the aisle seat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alligurl186
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Thanks ladies. these are great ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lifetimelove
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
It's not a different religion, just a different denomination. ;)

Quoting alligurl186:

Quoting lifetimelove:

Thanks.  I don't know why I am so nervous.  I think I am more nervous about the whole new church thing and the different religion and its making me overthink everything.  I NEVER have trouble NIP but this has me bothered. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MrsErdos2011
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

My hubby is Southern Baptist and has no problem with me NIP, my mil on the other hand flips out if I NIP because I'm giving everyone a "free show".

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

PitaPata Dog tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

alligurl186
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:14 PM
Yeah see it doesn't bother me at all. I truly believe I should be able to NIP anywhere. my church has no issue at all with it. but I know nothing about Pentecostal AnD their views and I don't want to offend my first week

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

My hubby is Southern Baptist and has no problem with me NIP, my mil on the other hand flips out if I NIP because I'm giving everyone a "free show".

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alligurl186
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:16 PM
Yes you are right. I find myself using common mistakes sometimes when I'm in a hurry typing. if it were truly a different. religion I wouldn't be going. :)

Quoting lifetimelove:

It's not a different religion, just a different denomination. ;)

Quoting alligurl186:

Quoting lifetimelove:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)