Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

does it ever come back???

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM
  • 11 Replies
My energy! I have a 4 month old who, of course, doesn't sleep thru the night and I can never nap when she does or else nothing would get done! I'm so drained and exhausted!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Krysta622
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:41 PM

In my experience, no.  LOL.  You're a mom now, destined to be exhausted for life.  But you do get used to it.

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Maybe switch days, everyother day is your day to take a nap instead of getting things done. I guarantee that if you take time to rest, you will more refreshed and it will be easier to get things done, otherwise you will be stuck on a hamster wheel!

And, yes, it does get better :) soon you will have a big helper :) My 17 month old can be a big helper at times (with laundry and cleaning up toys :)

collinsmommy0
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:23 PM
It does get better. Getting stuff done in the first 6 months just didn't happen for me - I did laundry & stuff when DH was home.

I bed share now - its really turned me back into a useful person!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:30 PM
I take a nap with my baby and still get stuff done! ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:31 PM
I did this! Now with two I'm lucky to get them both down for a nap at the same time. But when they do- mommy is napping too!

Quoting larissalarie:

I take a nap with my baby and still get stuff done! ;-)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
silka08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:07 PM
At 4 months.my kids napped 2xs a day. Id nap with them one and get stuff done the 2nd. Until I conceived last may I had almost 2yr old n a 4yr old and id still nap with them :-)

Quoting Precious333:

Maybe switch days, everyother day is your day to take a nap instead of getting things done. I guarantee that if you take time to rest, you will more refreshed and it will be easier to get things done, otherwise you will be stuck on a hamster wheel!

And, yes, it does get better :) soon you will have a big helper :) My 17 month old can be a big helper at times (with laundry and cleaning up toys :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gailll
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Nap! Lower you standards about getting stuff done. Pop baby in a sling or carrier to get things done. Get others to help. Hire neighbor kids to help. Preteens can be very helpful and cheap. My leg was paralyzed when my youngest was born and I had neighbor kids take care of my my laundry, cleaning, dishes, and simple meals.

It is normal for children to not sleep through the night until they are over 3, none of mine did. I live with my 3.5 year old grandson and he isn't sleeping through the night and he is having a new baby brother in March. I have found that once you accept that you aren't going to sleep through the night and you aren't going to get many hours of sleep then it doesn't seem as bad. When everyone is asking you if the baby is sleeping through the night and you keep waiting and waiting it can make you more tired.

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Get stuff done? Why? You only have to do it all over againin six months! **grin**

Take your naps. Switch to paper plates and plastic forks for the time being. Do only that which is needed for health and safety. This WILL pass.

SevysMomma
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Sometimes you just got to give in one time and nap, re-energize, take care of the chores the next day.

brittany.m.hall
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:05 AM

Right there with ya. Keep up the good work.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)