Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Will my breast ever stop leaking when im not nursing?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
  • 3 Replies

When I'm nursing on one side the other breast lets down milk as well, a lot of milk, so I always have to make sure I have a breast pad in. Even between feedings, they will leak anywhere from a little to a lot depending on whats going on, how full they are. etc. I go through breast pads like its toilet paper, and always having to make sure my padis in place makes nursing a little more complicated especially NIP since I have an extra step it feels like. the biggest problem is when both breast let down milk at the same time. Will this ever stop. I would love to not have to wear a breast pad anymore.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
silka08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:07 PM
I wore pad over a year...sry no help lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:22 PM

depends on the person. With my first I leaked constantly for 3 months, then only on occassion. For all of mine that seems pretty typical for me :)

Gailll
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I breastfed a total of 10 years with all my kids and I always leaked. I have sensitive skin and have problems wearing a bra, no way I can wear one 24/7. I would keep wash cloths or receiving blankets around and just let the milk flow on that. I slept on towels. When I went out and had to wear a bra I used cloth pads. I had some from the store and some I made.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)