Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introducing other 'milk'

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM
  • 14 Replies
My son will be one on February 20th. Currently he goes to work with me but for both him and I, daycare is needed. He's getting bored and I can't be as productive as I'd like. Riley hasn't had many bottles but will take one (sometimes a sippy). When can I start introducing him to other forms of milk? I know he doesn't need milk but we do plan to use it whether it be dairy, soy, almond, etc. I want him okay with milk before he goes to daycare. No pumping for me either. I just stopped and do not want to start again. I do have some froze though. Oh and I still plan to BF on demand when we are together.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silka08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:05 PM
Just offer no stress in sippy cup?

Id personally avoid soy. Offer almond, dairy, rice, just see what he likes. If nurses 3xs per day though I was told just give water while youre away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:08 PM
I just give ds water, occasionally almond milk, which is what we drink. We've tried everything - dog, rice, hemp, flax, you name it. We like almond best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:09 PM
4 moms liked this
DOG?? WTH autocorrect?? We have NOT tried dog milk!! That's supposed to say SOY! Ewwww...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:16 PM
We do rice milk sometimes or just solids and water
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TwinmomAlicia
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:17 PM
Thank goodness you corrected that! I was horrified when I read that!

Quoting TTC2Long:

DOG?? WTH autocorrect?? We have NOT tried dog milk!! That's supposed to say SOY! Ewwww...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this
LOL. Well, you know you CAN milk anything with nipples... ;)

Quoting TwinmomAlicia:

Thank goodness you corrected that! I was horrified when I read that!

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheergurl84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
LMAO!!! I was wondering about that! :D

Quoting TTC2Long:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
diva9786
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this
I would start him off on goat milk. It has almost the same taste and consistency of breast milk and it is very easy on the stomach ( digests easy). I would personally stay away from soy, but that's me. I started my now 3 year old on goat milk when she was 9 months. I did give her a multivitamin as well because the goat milk lacks in the daily vitamin and calcium intake for a child. You can get the multivitamin in liquid form and just put in her milk once a day... Good luck:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cheergurl84
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Thanks for all the replies so far. Do I need to wait until his birthday or would it be okay to start maybe a week earlier. I don't plan to give much but want to be sure he will tolerate it first. He still doesn't eat much food so I would like him to get some calories while at daycare.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaJAG
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I would use either coconut milk or almond milk or water.  Dairy is evil and I would stay away from soy.  And if he will take a sippy, just do that.  No need to "make" him take a bottle.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)