Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

tdap vaccine?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 9 Replies
My daughter is 8 months old and breastfed, my df and dad are both going to get the tdap adult pertussis vaccine today as its free today only. Should I get it since I am bfing? I wasnt sure if its safe or not?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
silka08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Many hospitsls recommebd new moms recieve. I haven't taken but I know hosp currently recommend
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

http://www.nvic.org//

this site has great info :)

starreyedcutie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM
I got it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lorsmommy08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:17 PM

It's safe. After I had dd2, the hospital I had her in made me get it and after having DS the hospital I delivered him in had to confirm with the other that I had it before they would discharge me.

MonicaV1982
by Gold Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Yes! BF is great and helpful, but doesn't knock out the risk. Pertussis is very dangerous to babies.

luvmylilbean
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 10:31 PM

thanks everyone! I'm kinda wondering why I wasn't given it before we left the hospital... a lot of new moms I know said they were given the vax before being discharged. But I got mine today so thanks for the input, I appreciate it :)

Nicolle_09
by Silver Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:02 PM
I got it two weeks ago when i was discharged from l&d after having my son.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rebeccasmommy09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:03 PM
I got mine before leaving the hospital after giving birth
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hottubgodess
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 5:03 PM

I didnt get one with either boy.  I did get the MMR after DS2 (tested for no immunity to Rubella).  It sucked.  It hurt!  I was sick for a few days afterward. 

Pertussis is a nasty illness.  There is a blood test for antibodies in the blood to see if yu need a booster. 

I'm not crazy....I have two boys.....roflmbo....

I love my Sensational DS1 and my Boysterous DS2...both born preemie, full term breastfed, until they self weaned.  I am a Lactivist, a CubScout Den Leader, Self employed, and still take the time to be my Children's Attachment Parenting Mom and my DH's Girlfriend.  My DH is my best friend. :)

Medications and Mother's Milk Group - Group Owner

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)