Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How is YOUR appetite while your bfing?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM
  • 44 Replies
My appetite for the first month was crappy, all I wanted was sugar! Now at one month I find my self STARVING and shaking if I dont eat every few hours. And I'm talking pretty big portions.. I know when to stop if I feel full, but it's like my tummy is a bottomless pit!
So how is your appetite? Normal? Barely there? Or big??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
silka08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:29 PM
I eat like a freaking cow, its ridiculous! Im petite ao my hubs weighs 80lbs more than me n im eating as much as he is.

I eat very healrhy, lots produce then I find myself STARVING and eat junk. The other day for dinner had garlic pasta w veggies, chicken and then green salad. 90 mins later I send hubs out n I ate 10 nuggets, some fries and 2 bowls of ice cream with almonds and chocolate!! I felt so gross! But I just couldnt stop
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
trish2tew
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:33 PM
I am constantly eating....probably 2500-3000 calories a day. I eat healthy, but get the munchies like crazy before bed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Amanda_Jeanne
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:43 PM

I'm always hungry... the first 2 months though I would be raiding the kitchen when I'd get up in the night and stuff my face... oatmeal cookies, popcorn, granola bars (I tried to keep "healthy" snacks for midnight hunger rampages... but there were times when I'd be hitting up a bag of chips or some leftover Christmas candy too!)

silka08
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:53 PM
Youre feeding 2, you get extra calories. Lukes sucking me dry, xant imagine two lol. I eat SO much!

Quoting Amanda_Jeanne:

I'm always hungry... the first 2 months though I would be raiding the kitchen when I'd get up in the night and stuff my face... oatmeal cookies, popcorn, granola bars (I tried to keep "healthy" snacks for midnight hunger rampages... but there were times when I'd be hitting up a bag of chips or some leftover Christmas candy too!)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomofNikki2010
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 5:55 PM
Insatiable!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2bRN007
by Member on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Glad I'm not the only one!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:11 PM
The first couple months I'm crazy starving, and thirsty. You need double the extra calories during breastfeeding that you needed during pregnancy (500 extra for breastfeeding, 250 during pregnancy). Then I eat pretty normally.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lilrose41102
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:17 PM

I usually eat not stop for about 2 hours mid-day...all healthy stuff. But I haven't been eating breakfast cause the little dude wakes up starving too! He is only (almost) 2 weeks old though.

JT32606_
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:18 PM
ive been forgetting to eat. i have to set an alarm to remind me to eat =(
my new DD is really keeping me busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
graciemae3215
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 6:20 PM

i starve all of the time! i can't eat huge meals, but i want to snack ALL DAY!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)