• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, are you going to stop breastfeeding now?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
  • 48 Replies
This is what dh and my mom asked me when i got very ill from a clogged duct that resulted in mastitis. Lol. I thought it was funny. After all that we have been thru this was not going to stop me from nursing. Besides that ds is not ready:)
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:09 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MollyJmommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Wow my cousin asked me if I was gonna stop breastfeeding when my dd turned 6 months old since she'll get her teeth by then
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:16 PM
I've had mastitis a few times, never stopped me. Good for you for sticking with it!
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:17 PM

I actually wasn't able to nurse in the beginning, and after I got mastitis I thought it would never happen. But since last week, it's been going pretty well so I'm glad I didn't take it as a sign that I should stop...

sanj1213
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Quoting MollyJmommy:

Wow my cousin asked me if I was gonna stop breastfeeding when my dd turned 6 months old since she'll get her teeth by then

Like we're just gonna quit *snaps fingers* like that.lol
sanj1213
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:20 PM
Quoting Charizma77:

I've had mastitis a few times, never stopped me. Good for you for sticking with it!

Thank you!
sanj1213
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Quoting boshs1andonly:

I actually wasn't able to nurse in the beginning, and after I got mastitis I thought it would never happen. But since last week, it's been going pretty well so I'm glad I didn't take it as a sign that I should stop...

That's great! Good for you for not giving up. Where there's a will, there's a way.
boshs1andonly
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:34 PM
Quoting sanj1213:

thanks, we're still trying to figure it out but i know its totally worth it!
CafeMom Tickers
MollyJmommy
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Exactly my daughter will stop nursing when she's ready to stop i'm not forcing her to stop

Quoting sanj1213:

Quoting MollyJmommy:

Like we're just gonna quit *snaps fingers* like that.lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
comf
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 1:14 AM
Unfortunately its common to quit when something like that happens :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Daynaof3
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 2:43 AM
1 mom liked this
My sister and my girls dad asked me the same thing when I had my abscess. Granted the girls were almost 4, lol, but I just said "no, God gave me two and the other one works just fine". The girls refused to nurse on the side I had surgery on and I couldn't express anything on that side either. I can see how some mothers would want to stop in the situation but I am not one of them. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)