Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Empty

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
  • 13 Replies
Im having a hard time keepin my supply up, I nurse on demand and pump but it doesnt seem like ds is having enough diapers throughout the day. If he nurses until one breast is empty will be keep sucking or will be release? I have had a rough few days with this..
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sreichelt26
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:02 AM
He will unlatch. Then offer the other breast. If he doesn't want it, he's done. How many diapers in a 24 hour period? Wet? Poop?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nadiamomof4
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Do you live near a hospital (do you live in a small rural area, or near a city?) with a lactation consultant or lactation center? If you are really concerned you should try to go talk to a lactation consultant/nurse/helper and go before one of his mealtimes. They can weigh him before you nurse and after and then they can tell you how much he is getting. I did this with my daughter and it was very helpful! Good luck!

starreyedcutie
You're never really empty and the more baby nurses the more you produce. How old is he? How many diapers a day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nadiamomof4

Do you live near a hospital (do you live in a small rural area, or near a city?) with a lactation consultant or lactation center? If you are really concerned you should try to go talk to a lactation consultant/nurse/helper and go before one of his mealtimes. They can weigh him before you nurse and after and then they can tell you how much he is getting. I did this with my daughter and it was very helpful! Good luck!

Precious333
by Group Admin - Julia on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM
when he finishes one side do you offer the next? Is this a recent issue for you? how many diapers in exactly 24 hours and how wet are the diapers? Do you nurse on demand? do you nurse at night? do you cosleep or wear him? how old is he? (sorry lots of questions)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
whatssleep
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:04 AM

Are you drinking enough water? From what I understand you can't really go completely dry, but the flow will slow down. Ive noticed with my two month old if that happens he'll get annoyed and tug on my nipple. Thats my cue to switch him to the other side. Also they can suck without drawing milk. I read the father their chin drops the more milk they are getting. A bad latch can decrease the milk received also.

krbooth
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:05 AM
The last few days only 4-5 wet diapers and no poopy diapers in 3 days.
starreyedcutie
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:06 AM
Oh yea I didn't even think to ask about water. Ita very important to stay hydrated

Quoting whatssleep:

Are you drinking enough water? From what I understand you can't really go completely dry, but the flow will slow down. Ive noticed with my two month old if that happens he'll get annoyed and tug on my nipple. Thats my cue to switch him to the other side. Also they can suck without drawing milk. I read the father their chin drops the more milk they are getting. A bad latch can decrease the milk received also.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krbooth
by on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:12 AM
I haven't had as much water as I should be, so I figured that's part of it. He is 6 weeks and sleeps in a bassinet next to me, so I nurse at night too. It's just seems like he has nursed for an hour at a time then will be hungry again 30 minutes later. Maybe just new mom paranoya
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 9, 2012 at 12:48 AM

4 TB water in a dipe = one wet. More than that = 2 dipes. yes, sounds like new mom paranoia here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)