Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHY won't she sleep!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM
  • 14 Replies

It is almost 1 am, DS will not sleep! She is 9 months and usually nurses to sleep just fine, it has been hours and she will not go down, wth.  She just keeps wiggling and crying and so I brought her out to the living room and she is now happily playing with her toys.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleigheg
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:59 AM
1 mom liked this
Big hugs, momma! My DD went through a stage where she wanted to play until 1 or 2 in the morning. I just had to let her play and she eventually wore herself out. It will pass!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ConnorMom228
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:07 AM
Maybe teething pain keeping her up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littlecheifsmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

same here, when ds was at this age, many many times he woke up wanting to jump in the jumperoo and he would go to town, for about 2 hrs then crash. he just had lots of energy and wanted to explore. i agree this too shall pass.

Quoting ashleigheg:

Big hugs, momma! My DD went through a stage where she wanted to play until 1 or 2 in the morning. I just had to let her play and she eventually wore herself out. It will pass!

motheram
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM
I don't have an answer, but I'm feeling your pain. Mine went down at 8pm with no problem. He woke up at 2am. It's now almost 5:30am and I can't get him back to sleep. He too is almost nine months. He is wiggling around. He won't eat. He won't sleep. I'm miserable!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:24 AM
Maybe not make it toy time??idk lol my lo gets up at 3 and talks to us we close our eyes and she usually does to after 10 min
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
michaelsmom25
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM

sounds like teeth to me. i feel ur pain mama. iwas there a couple of months ago.

ty355172
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:32 AM
It happens. Milestones, teeth, growth spurts. Im really not expecting much sleep thesr first two years. Since i have little expectations to sleep, any stretch of uninterrupted sleep longer than 3 hours is great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Audreysmama515
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:22 PM

Thanks everybody, got her down at 1:30, she is getting her top teeth in now, so maybe that has something to do with it.  

lifetimelove
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Almost every baby does this around nine months. It's a developmental thing. And it will pass. =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 PM

It's a phase, mine did the same thing for a week. Is she working on any new skills? Mine was like this right when she was trying to figure out how to get on her hands and knees to crawl. Then she'd sleep was was restless for another week. Then, BAM! she crawled, pulled to standing and walked with her push toy all in 2 days. Slept great after that :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)