Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am at war!!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM
  • 8 Replies
with my eighteen month ds2. Every night when I am nursing him to sleep, he is trying to get my other nipple. I spend between a half hour and hour, sometimes more defending my nipples from him. He wants to pinch and twist it an I am not ok with that. I have tried redirecting his hand, sticking my finger in my shirt for him to play with, he will not stop! It drives me crazy and I get angry. Any suggestions?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Amberleigh81
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM
Nursing necklace?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy_4509
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Take him off from the nursing session put him down tell him no firmly or he doesn't get to nurse and walk away for a few mins and come back and ask him he he's going to stop u will continue nursing . That's what I've heard doing . Right now I have trouble nursing my DD bc she likes pinching and scratching my boob while nursing but she's only 11 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgau73
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:08 AM
Isn't he too old? He is very stuborn. What about a nusing neclace do they like so much? Where can I find one?

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Nursing necklace?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamak3211
by Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:53 AM

There are lots of nursing necklaces sold on etsy. I made my own with some hemp and a donut bead, super easy and it's simple, but my daughter loves pulling it, feeling it, looking at it. If I don't wear it I end up getting beat up by her pinching, hitting, scratching when she nurses.

Quoting kgau73:

Isn't he too old? He is very stuborn. What about a nusing neclace do they like so much? Where can I find one?

Quoting Amberleigh81:

Nursing necklace?

aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
This. You teach him that it is unacceptable nursing behavior. If he does it, he doesn't get to nurse.

Quoting mommy_4509:

Take him off from the nursing session put him down tell him no firmly or he doesn't get to nurse and walk away for a few mins and come back and ask him he he's going to stop u will continue nursing . That's what I've heard doing . Right now I have trouble nursing my DD bc she likes pinching and scratching my boob while nursing but she's only 11 weeks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GoodyBrook
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:15 AM
When we nurse, DS (10 months) has a little toy that he likes to play with. If he doesn't have it, all hell breaks loose!
jenniferw10
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:22 AM
My DS grabs my necklace or holds his stuffed animal.
lifetimelove
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I have a stuffed animal I use as a nipple guardian. It's from scentsy and is a frog and he plays with it's big beady eyes instead of twiddling with my nipple. They need an alternative to the nIpple, putting them down when they're trying to fall asleep won't help because it's not a conscious behavior.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)