Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont know what to do.*another update*

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM
  • 26 Replies
3 moms liked this

My supply hasnt come in yet and im worried dd might be dehydrated. She hasnt had a wet diaper since before 11pm and no poop since yesterday afternoon. What can I do besides giving her formula cuz I really dont wanna do that

My milk fully came in tonight :)

the left side is still hurting but we have an appt tomorrow morning and im pretty sure they have a lactation consultant at the pediatricians office so well try to see her cuz idk how to fix her latch.

Thanks for all the support ladies :)

Also she had 2 pee diapers today and 2 poops so i was just worried for nothin. guess it was just new mommy jitters.

i didnt have any support with my first on breastfeeding so i ended up stopping after a day so i dont really know whats normal with this. im just so proud that im actually doing it this time and i want to make sure im doing everything as best as i can

We went to the drs today.

she was 7lbs 15oz when she was born

Saturday when we left the hospital she dropped to 7lbs 9oz

today she was 7lbs 11oz!!!

im so happy that she actually gained 2 oz after we left the hospital. it makes me so proud to know that was all me :)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rlk121909
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:33 AM
How old is baby?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:34 AM
3 days

Quoting mama02040608:

How old is baby?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moroccanmommy
by Robin on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Nurse nurse nurse...sometimes supply takes longer..do u see yellow gold when u squezze nip..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
larissalarie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Nurse. 3 days old means she only needs 3 diapers today. If she wets & poos in 1 diaper, that counts as 2 diapers right there. Giving formula while you wait for your milk to come in is the best way to sabotage yourself. You need to nurse to stimulate production and giving formula would take away from that and tell your body not to make it. It would be like driving your running route while you wait to get into shape to be able to run, never going to happen,:-) Try not to freak, your body was made to do this!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:45 AM
1 mom liked this
How often is baby nursing? Is the latch good? You're likely just on the verge of your milk coming in. Baby needs to make 3 diapers from midnight last night to midnight tonight. If you don't make that I *might* consider giving a little formula in a cup or syringe. Babies are designed to go a few days without eating great because mother nature knows its a learning process. But if you're not getting enough diapers, you should look at the latch first and then see if you need to supplement. Most likely, the answer is no :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:46 AM
No its only white and clear liquids

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Nurse nurse nurse...sometimes supply takes longer..do u see yellow gold when u squezze nip..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:47 AM
It can take up to a week for your milk to come in. Until then, you have colostrum and that is plenty for your baby. How many diapers did you change in the last 24 hours?
Quoting rlk121909:

3 days

Quoting mama02040608:

How old is baby?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama02040608
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this
That sounds like you're just about to get your milk in. I bet tomorrow you wake up looking like Dolly Parton ;)

Quoting rlk121909:

No its only white and clear liquids

Quoting moroccanmommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rlk121909
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:51 AM
She seems to be nursing every hour except at night shell go a couple hours in between. The latch seems good it hurts on the left side but thats cuz its cracking

Quoting mama02040608:

How often is baby nursing? Is the latch good? You're likely just on the verge of your milk coming in. Baby needs to make 3 diapers from midnight last night to midnight tonight. If you don't make that I *might* consider giving a little formula in a cup or syringe. Babies are designed to go a few days without eating great because mother nature knows its a learning process. But if you're not getting enough diapers, you should look at the latch first and then see if you need to supplement. Most likely, the answer is no :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)