Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whoops! That was scary.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
After battling with my supply for a week I finally broke down and took some Fenugreek. I forgot about it's blood sugar lowering side effect and totally bottomed myself out. My husband has is recovering from surgery, so it's basically me and three young children. Thank God I know the signs, symptoms, and treatment for hypoglycemia or we could have had a disaster!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Daynaof3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:24 PM
Ooh, yeah I would look into something else beside fenugreek. Kellymom has a large list of herbal galactogogues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rainray2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:47 PM
Yikes! Glad you were able to counteract that effect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
What symptoms did you have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
motheram
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM
It starts for me by getting very hot even in the coldest temperatures. Then I begin to sweat, followed by nausea, the shakes, and dizziness. The fix is to quickly get some sunole sugar into me such as candy, juice, jelly, etc. followed by some complex carbohydrates and protein. I can prevent this problem altogether by taking the Fenugreek with food; it's just been 4 years since I've had to take it so I'd forgotten.

Quoting starreyedcutie:

What symptoms did you have?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Char07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:02 PM

Easiest fix for me when I feel that way is to eat a piece of whole grain bread with peanut butter on it (with added sugar as an ingredient).  Glad you caught it fast enough :)

motheram
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich is an awesome remedy. For me it has to be almond butter and jelly. DS does not tolerate peanuts :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Glad you caught it! 

zannahdeux
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Have you tried mothers milk tea? It has some fg in it but lots of other good things too. How often do you nurse/pump?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)