Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i have a milk blister... wah!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
  • 2 Replies

so, after a little research to figure out what it was exactly, i figured out that i have a milk blister... and well it kinda really sucks! it hurts a lot especially when i feel fullest and when baby nurses on that side. (he is only 5 days old, so he doesntalways latch perfect and that makes it worse!)  i never had this issue with my other two, so any suggestions to help it a little... i found some help on kellymom, but was wondering if anyone here has had it and what did you do? did you just let it run its course? if so how long does it take? i think i might try a hot compress next nursing session.  i am hoping it goes away soon.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Daynaof3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:03 PM
Kellymom has really good advice on treating bf issues, follow it and it will get better. Quite a few moms here have had milk blisters, I myself, have not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FrumpyMama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM

Milk blisters are usually a sign of a plugged duct.  It means baby is sucking from the duct and little to nothing is coming out. I had them something WICKED with my son.  Especially on my left side.  Nurse on that side first, so that if there is a small plug it will get sucked out before it turns into mastitis. They hurt! DON'T POP IT!! Use Lanolin and air dry it after each session. 

I feel your pain. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)