Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think we are finally done....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM
  • 15 Replies
DS is 3y and 3m. He hasn't nursed in about 5 days. Before then, he had mostly only nursed before bed unless he wasn't feeling good. He asked this morning after breakfast, but the was distracted by one of the cats and took off running. He actually has said at night that he wants to read instead of nurse recently.
I am going away for work training next month for a week. I figured that would be the end, but it seems that we may be done before then.
I'm thrilled that we've had a good nursing run, so much of that was thanks to you ladies, especially gdimante and tabicat. I'm a little sad to see it end, but I am ready to tackle the next hurdle (he's only 3 and already learning to read!!)

Thanks so much to everyone!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
annaica
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:33 PM
Awww that is so bittersweet. I love that he is learning to read :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM
Wow, 3 years is really something to be proud it! Excellent job, mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

HUGS momma you did a GREAT job! At this age my guy was only at bedtime maybe once a week, he kept it up for about 3 more months only once a week or so..then one night nursed for 2 seconds, pulled my shirt down and said no more butties(what he called nursing meaning buttons), it was bittersweet.

YOu got a smart one on your hands, good luck..dont run away I am sure many moms could use your help and insight!

gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:31 PM

Congratulations!

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

Three years is FANTASTIC, mama.. good job! 

catholicmamamia
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

And.. ((hugs)) 

mypbandj
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

That is awesome. 

ashleigheg
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:24 PM
Great job making it this far! You've done a great job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nosborne
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:37 AM

Haha . . . well internet-posting fairy strikes again!!  He asked last night if he could nurse and read. 

But, is it possbile to stop producing out of one side when they nurse so rarely?  He nursed on my left side (which always was the least perferred side) for only a few seconds and said, "Switch, no more milk here."  He then nursed for a couple minutes on the right side before deciding that he was ready for bed.

nosborne
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Yeah, I'm not going anywhere.  I'm not on this group nearly as much as I was when DS was younger because my current position at work takes up more time (imagine that, I actually have to work, LOL!!!), and I was asked to mod another group back in Sept.  But I do get on whenever I can.

Quoting tabi_cat1023:

HUGS momma you did a GREAT job! At this age my guy was only at bedtime maybe once a week, he kept it up for about 3 more months only once a week or so..then one night nursed for 2 seconds, pulled my shirt down and said no more butties(what he called nursing meaning buttons), it was bittersweet.

YOu got a smart one on your hands, good luck..dont run away I am sure many moms could use your help and insight!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)