Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

hello out there!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM
  • 12 Replies
Hello, being as though I am new to this group, I feel that it is only polite to introduce myself. While being polite, and simply not being socially awkward isn't my forte...on here I might have a go at it. I'm Mandi, and I am breastfeeding baby #4! Go me! Right?! Well, I thought that too since I have not been able to breastfeed the other 3 as long as I have this time around. But having said that, I am now left with many problems that I feel can be best addressed via this handy computer screen. Such as this, and slowly its becoming my number 1 issue...my baby is now 6 months old (again, woo hoo go me!) However, I can't get any time away because my baby simply refuses everything that isn't me. She is eating baby mum-mum crackers, she is crawling, and all her milestones are coming along as they should be...but she simply refuses bottles and or sippy cups all together. I don't want her to wean completely, as she is my very last (yes...I said that last time too but I really, really mean it this time!) What do I do? Also, she has been at 11 lbs for 3 months now, we have an appointment tomorrow to recheck her weight gain...but so far no luck. Anyone else have anything similar to this issue?
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:37 PM
None of my 4 took bottles. But by 6 or 7 months, I could nurse and leave and have 4 or 5 hours time to get back to nurse again. I would leave my mil with a jar of pears or something if necessary. (I also have 4. Never a dull moment, eh? ;-)

Hmm, the weight question begs more information: birth weight and lowest weight, number of daily dipes?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
munchkinfairie3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:41 PM
@mostlymaydays-you're right I shouldn't be so quick to say no time, but still. And she was born at 8lb 6oz, hit 11lbs and been there for 3 months. She's not pooping daily, but as with each of my kids she didn't stop that until I began giving her solids. And no NEVER EVER a dull moment, and when there is...I worry
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Yes, the pooping infrequently is normal. How's the count with wets? (my 4th is particularly clingy. I think it's a survival technique: if you leave them the older ones will pick it off so they cling for protection. ;-)

Quoting munchkinfairie3:

@mostlymaydays-you're right I shouldn't be so quick to say no time, but still. And she was born at 8lb 6oz, hit 11lbs and been there for 3 months. She's not pooping daily, but as with each of my kids she didn't stop that until I began giving her solids. And no NEVER EVER a dull moment, and when there is...I worry

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:48 PM
And are you nursing BEFORE offering solids? Breastmilk packs more caloric bang for the buck than any baby food.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
munchkinfairie3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
Quoting mostlymaydays:

And are you nursing BEFORE offering solids? Breastmilk packs more caloric bang for the buck than any baby food.

Yes, I am breastfeeding before offering solids. And my bean (the breastfed baby's nickname) is exceptionally clingy too
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Are you getting 4-6 wet diapers a day?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gdiamante
by Gina on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:00 AM

1. Who's giving the bottle? If it;s you, that's the problem. Hand baby to caregiver. LEAVE. With instructions that you are to be called only for blood or flames; the caregiver has to find his/her depth with baby. They will survive. REALLY. Babies frequently refuse bottles given by mom. Would you take stale cookies if your mom had just baked a fresh batch?

2. DIpes? Sounds like you're doing the right things... what was her lowest weight? She should be six pounds above that. If she put on a lot early, it's possible for her to plateau for a few months and then start gaining again.

Rosa404
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:33 AM
Sorry im no help. LO has no problem with sippys or eating anything (he LOVES food all types) but he wont let me out of his sight without crawling behind me screaming....seperation anxiety. Good luck though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Bump. Munchkinfairie? See gdiamante's post above and give us a few more details. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
munchkinfairie3
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:14 AM
1) both my hubby and other care givers, and myself have all offered a bottle. No avail. She will simply cry herself to sleep.
2) she was born @ 8 lbs 6oz, went to 11 lbs by 3 months, and no gain since. She is producing few stool diapers (but then I must add I have introduced some solids) and only 2-3 wet ones per day. She's still in a size 1-2 diaper also, but height and HC are on track
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)