Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you handle a night cluster feeder when bottle feeding?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM
  • 5 Replies
The day has come where I need to go back to work. :( It's just 2-3 nights a week.

Ds cluster feeds at night. When I'm at work, how should dh handle this? If ds wants to "eat", should dh just give the amount judging on how long it's been since baby ate last? We don't know how to handle it. Do you think ds will just reverse cycle and whine until he can nurse? If hate for him to cry and fuss the whole time I'm at work. Oh, baby is 8m on the 23rd.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jocelynred
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM

baby is 8 months? does baby eat solids? maybe beef up dinner a bit. give an extra veggie or dessert or something that will fill up the tummy. greek yogurt is yummy and has a good amount of protein so it keeps the tummy full for a while. then bathtime, a bottle, and bed time. just my thoughts..... hope things work out well for you!

mrsfitz05
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:18 PM
I think you will find he doesn't cluster bottles.my dd clusters every evening but never when she's taking bottles. Bottles are to be eaten & move on. Boobies are for comfort too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
steph.anne8
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM
Thanks. I know he nurses mostly out of comfort, but if hes acting hungry or like he wants to nurse, I dont want dh to accidently over feed him. Plus, I'm only going to leave enough milk for the time I'm gone, so he'd run out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tabi_cat1023
by Group Admin -Tabitha on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:11 AM
This exactly

Quoting mrsfitz05:

I think you will find he doesn't cluster bottles.my dd clusters every evening but never when she's taking bottles. Bottles are to be eaten & move on. Boobies are for comfort too.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aehanrahan
by Group Admin - Amy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 2:24 AM
The comfort part should be something that your husband figures out on his own. He can try a pacifier if he wants to continue to suck after the bottle is empty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)