Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Really? *pic*

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
  • 7 Replies
1 mom liked this

Really?

Like I'm going to call for a key to wait til whoever is good and ready to bring me said key, just to lock myself in a tiny little room while my hungry infant screams his head off. I nursed directly in front of this sign >_< so there, northfield.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
1 mom liked this
I get where your coming from. But I work at a mall and wish we would do something like this. All the teenagers try to have sex in there , and we only have a curtain for a door! And that chair has never gotten clean, id bet my next paycheck on that. =[
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama_grizz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I liked it better outside the room is all. There was 2 comfy chairs and some childrens chairs, it was a large area, bright, big windows looking outside, and just past the bathrooms so it was fairly secluded. This would work for a nursing area. Those rooms were the size of a closet. I doubt me and my older daughter would have been comfortable in there. The thought was nice, but I don't think the little locked rooms were necessary with the other set up.

Quoting jrsmommy0427:

I get where your coming from. But I work at a mall and wish we would do something like this. All the teenagers try to have sex in there , and we only have a curtain for a door! And that chair has never gotten clean, id bet my next paycheck on that. =[

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Half of the moms will despise this sign for the suggestion that moms take cover inside this secret room. The other half will say they love the accommodations of these rooms. I would rather it be labeled a family lounge or mother's room. And if it's for "the mother's convenience" then why make it so inconvenient to hunt down a key for the room!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mostlymaydays
by Group Admin - Stacy on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:06 AM
2 moms liked this
I was just about to tell a story about how we were on vacation in Paris and trying to get a key for the "baby room" at a mall. After knocking forever and hunting down a mall employee, they were finally able to coax a young sweaty couple out of the room. Apparently they thought it was a baby MAKING room. :-(. Jrsmommy, Teens are having sex behind a closed CURTAIN?! EW! Makes me truly want to avoid these rooms. The thought of the bodily fluids left behind on that chair! Perhaps they should post pictures of breastfeeding moms all over; that seems to really be quite a turn off to everyone who thinks boobs are only for sex.

Quoting jrsmommy0427:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jrsmommy0427
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Lol I should bring that up to management! I don't mind nursing wherever I have to but my son has become very distractable. I love the mothers room at babies r us! So anything secluded helps me out =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeeDee_28
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 3:11 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm not very comfortable with BFing out in public. I would prefer a private room to do so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweet_Britt
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this

I love the idea for moms who aren't comfortable breastfeeding in public.

Im NOT one of those moms, so I'd never use it and y'all would just be subject to watching me nurse, BUT...lol My cousin in law is not so open, so I know she'd love the privacy of a room!

Whatever keeps mom and baby comfortable. So long as they aren't asking people who are nursing while NOT in that room, to move, Im ok with it : )

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)