Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Information, Resources & FAQ's

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms!

In the replies below, you'll find links containing advice, information, resources and discussion on some of the most common breastfeeding issues, questions and concerns.

Reply 1: Resources / How To's
Reply 2: Biting / Bottles / Breastmilk
Reply 3: Feeding Information / Latch & Other Nursing Issues
Reply 4: Low Milk Supply
Reply 5: Medical Information
Reply 6  Nipple Soreness & Related Issues
Reply 7: Pumps & Pumping
Reply 8: Weaning / Working Moms
Reply 9: Other Issues & General Information

breastfeeding

If you have additional questions, you can start a new post so other moms can help you further or reply here.

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (21-22):
howhow2
by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 2:27 PM

Hi, new to Cafe Mom, but I'd like to share something I found that safely increased my breastmilk production.

I have been breastfeeding my son since he was born, and have continued on even after I went back to work.  My milk has been dwindling, as expected, but I want to keep giving him breastmilk, even to give it to him in a cup, and not cow milk.

I tried fenugreek but it didn't seem to help, maybe it's because it only works early on, to "jump start" milk supply. 

But I found something does work.  It's called Nuilac, which is a compounded prescription medication with active ingredients (domperidone) that promotes the production of breast milk in nursing mothers.  Nuilac is only available by prescription from your physician. Studies have shown Nuilac to be safe for both mother and baby.  I don't want anything to get into the milk that shouldn't be there.  Nuilac is safer than Reglan, which is used all the time for the same purpose.

I started seeing results in less than a week.  my milk production went from 3 ozs per pump session, to 4 ozs, then to 5 ozs.  That's more than 60% increase.  I know 5 ozs doesn't seem a lot to some people, but breastmilk is so precious and every oz counts! :) 

I am so excited for this sustaining milk supply and I want to share with other nursing moms. 
If you are interested, check out http://www.moremilkformommy.com/ for more information.  And for the nitty gritty details on the ingredient Domperidone, please visit http://www.breastfeedingonline.com/domperidone.shtml.

Thank you.
Tina

Clemency3
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I just have to say thank you for all these resources! They have been very helpful for me :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)