Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Information, Resources & FAQ's

Posted by   + Show Post

Welcome to Breastfeeding Moms!

In the replies below, you'll find links containing advice, information, resources and discussion on some of the most common breastfeeding issues, questions and concerns.

Reply 1: Resources / How To's
Reply 2: Biting / Bottles / Breastmilk
Reply 3: Feeding Information / Latch & Other Nursing Issues
Reply 4: Low Milk Supply
Reply 5: Medical Information
Reply 6  Nipple Soreness & Related Issues
Reply 7: Pumps & Pumping
Reply 8: Weaning / Working Moms
Reply 9: Other Issues & General Information

breastfeeding

If you have additional questions, you can start a new post so other moms can help you further or reply here.

by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:50 PM
Replies (11-20):
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Mar. 3, 2012 at 12:34 AM
Nurse on demand, even if you just fed the baby a half hour ago. If baby is producing 4-6 diapers a day, they are usually getting enough. Very often a fussy baby is mistaken for a hungry baby, when the fussiness is either normal newborn stuff, overactive letdown and oversupply (too much milk, flowing too fast against their throat) or sometimes sensitivities to a protein in mom's diet (like dairy). Try to avoid pumping before your supply is regulated (6 weeks or so) and pump output is no indication AT ALL how much milk you are producing. And soft breast that no longer feel feel are a very good thing as your supply regulates (engorgement will signal the breasts to slow down production. Soft breasts signal for more production). And every ounce of a supplement Lu give baby is an ounce your body will determine does not need to be made. Very rarely does a mom not make enough milk to support her baby. The first few days after birth, your baby doesn't need milk (breastmilk or formula); they only need small "sips" of colostrum.

Quoting MommyLindz:

With my 1st too babies I never got enough milk to satify them, does anyone have any suggestions for helping my milk come in? I really want to be able to breast feed more with my 3rd baby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sharlarose
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 2:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Reply 4...

alphalfa tablets, take 3 every night, after 2 or 3 days will double milk supply.  is good for moms and babies too, is full of all known vitamins for man.

tried to pass this on in another post, but some didn't want to know how to double their milk supply after all, or ?

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Oh, it wasn't that, sharla. We've had some moms come in to try to sell things here, and so some of our members are a little leery of new names touting products.

Quoting sharlarose:

Reply 4...

alphalfa tablets, take 3 every night, after 2 or 3 days will double milk supply.  is good for moms and babies too, is full of all known vitamins for man.

tried to pass this on in another post, but some didn't want to know how to double their milk supply after all, or ?

MommyLindz
by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:50 AM

Reply 6:

My son is 4 days old and I have been exclusivly breast feeding. My milk is just comimg in on my left side this morning but not on the right. Both my nipples have hard scabs on them. I have been seeing the lactation nurse every day and I am having good latches ( thats what I thought the problem was). I dont know if I should continue breast feeding with the scabs and also if there is anything I can use to make them heal faster. I have been using Medela tender care lanolin everyday, but it doesnt seem to be helping every more.  Thank you for helping. Lindsey

tasha_87
by on Jul. 5, 2012 at 5:37 AM

I am a Mom-to-Be with my 3rd child and I have some conerns about breastfeeding.

With my oldest (who is now 5) I did not breastfeed, due to the fact that i didn't seem to produce any milk at all. Then with my 2nd child (who is now almost 2) I tried to breastfeed, but he wouldn't latch on, so I pumped and he enjoyed it very much, but I stopped due to the fact that I didn't seem to produce enough for him to get enough to feed.

So now with my 3rd child, I am hoping to breastfeed completely, but I am afradi that I won't produce any or enough milk to be able to feed her properly.

I have watched videos and read blogs and articles to understand how to breastfeed and why I wasn't really able to breastfeed my ither 2 children, but I could use some "real live mom" advice that could help me in breastfeeding, when my new little addition arrives.

Thank you,

Tasha <3

Rosamaria101
by on Jul. 9, 2012 at 12:09 PM
Where should i look For things about jaundice?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Flawlessdiva7
by on Sep. 10, 2012 at 12:22 PM
This do not have anything to do with breast feeding but it's a keepsake you can have for a life time check out my website mom and share me with other moms and moms to be and if you respond to this and mothers order there keepsake yours will be 50% off or free
Here is my website
The company call origami owl that tells your story
Www.fbell.orgamiowl.com
(858)236-9069
Thank you felicia
W2H2H
by on Sep. 23, 2012 at 6:09 AM

My question is when do I stop breastfeeding?My baby is 1 and she eats solids and I'm kinda confused please advise??

gdiamante
by Group Mod - Gina on Sep. 23, 2012 at 1:26 PM

Quoting W2H2H:

My question is when do I stop breastfeeding?My baby is 1 and she eats solids and I'm kinda confused please advise??

When you and baby want. Burn your calendart... the calendar has NOTHING to do with this.

harveysmom713
by Member on Oct. 24, 2012 at 3:55 PM

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)