Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Had my first breast feeding argument, guess I should be proud, lol

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
  • 55 Replies
4 moms liked this

I am 13 weekd pregnant.  I don't post too much in this group, because I am still learning, and with no baby yet, I don't even know what questions to ask, lol.  But I am VERY excited to breast feed this baby, and am going to do every thing in my power to BF until a year!  I will have to pump starting at around 4 months when I have to go back to work.

Anyway, no one in my family has ever BF.  My mom is supportive, but also really ignorant.  Last night she says, the neighbor got a free can of similac in the mail and I saved it for you.  I said well, you know I'm bfing, I won't need it, she says, well, I'll keep it just in case, you never know.  I was already annoyed with her about that.  I'm like if I don't even have a baby and she already thinks I can't do it, what's it going to be like when the baby is here.  I know the first few weeks can be challanging, and know she wil push FF.

Then we were talking about my sister, who isn't sure if she wants kids, but if she does, she will NOT be BFing because she doesn't want her boobs to get saggy (my mom didn't BF for the same reason).  I said well, BFing or not, if she gets pregnant, her boobs will sag.  I'm 13 weeks and mine have already doubled in size, they get big from the pregnancy hormones, not bfing.  She told me, you only think that because you read all "those pro bfing sites".  All my friends that BF all had banna boobs. (SHe had already said she has only ONE friend who BFed).  I wanted SO BAD to say well, you didn't bf and yours have been droopy for as long as I remeber!  But figured that would be a low blow.  Ugh, I was so aggrivated!  Even if my boobs hang down to my knees and I have to tuck them into my socks I'll do that if it's what best for my baby!  is what I finally told her.  Geeze, guess I should get ready, chances are it's only going to get worse when the baby comes.

by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby_Avas_Momma
by Elizabeth on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:29 AM
Good for you!!! :) :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wenuck
by Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Ditto!!! And gravity does take its toll due to age for the boobs!

Quoting Baby_Avas_Momma:

Good for you!!! :) :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justone_jen
by Jen on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:50 AM
3 moms liked this
I don't get the perky boob obsession. I've always had large breasts, and they have always sagged a bit. No one has ever complained, haha. Plus, there's something to be admired about having all of the tools necessary to nourish our young, in my opinion. It's beautiful. Much more beautiful than perky boobs, to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
FLmommy0204
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 8:59 AM
8 moms liked this

Mmmm.  Banana boobs.  That just means extra potassium!

aamommy2011
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:06 AM

well good job for sticking it out,

and even the smallest cup boobs can sag. its due to age and gravity. when they're 70-90, everything hangs down, even their ass.

and good luck with nursing. i had trouble in the beginning and no help from anyone,. my boy was stubborn. but it took me a couple months, and i got him back to breast. if you cant do it in the beginning, you still can. it'll take time, but its TOTALLY possible

ncbirdie
by Robyn on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:13 PM
1 mom liked this

The whole saggy boob thing reminded me of this picture.  (http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/16920)  Apparently, saggy boobs can be convenient.

larissalarie
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
4 moms liked this
Yes, we all know that vanity is MUCH MUCH more important than giving your baby the perfect nutrition nature intended instead of that artificial knock-off!

I think you should have pointed out her boobs droop :-) Rude, negative people don't deserve you holding your tongue.
My mom had 3 kids and never breastfed, I've also got 3 kids, but have bf all 3. My mom & I have the same saggy big boobs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Fightclmembr
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:33 PM
2 moms liked this
I just want to say that I'm really proud of you!!!! You have the exact attitude you need to make BFing successful!! So many people say they're going to "try", but with BFing you need to go into it thinking "this IS what I am going to do!". If you have that attitude, you will be successful no matter what hurdle you may face!

Way to go mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Johariz
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:38 PM
Strange, my mom breastfed six kids. Most of up until we were 2. She never ever had saggy boobs... Though she did have about an a cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
inkaholicj
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:44 PM
Be proud! Celebrate your strength and know you will be doing the absolute best for your little one!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)