Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Breastfeeding Moms Breastfeeding Moms

Breastfeeding and periods *update with more information*

Posted by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM
  • 18 Replies
How long did it take for your period to come back after having a baby and breastfeeding?

I guess I should add that my daughter is 8 months old. I have only spotted for an hour when she turned 6 months. But then nothing......it kind of freaks me out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovemymichael
by Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:28 PM
Mine came back with both kids after I started solids around 5-6 months. It's really different for everyone
darrensmom11
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:35 PM
I'm right There with you. My DS is 8m and last month I started FEELING like I was gonna get it and I even Had some clear pinkish down There. . . But nothing. I keep getting the lite color sometimes when I wipe. . . But nothing to call a period. I BF 100%. So i'm curious to know If this has happened to anyone else.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
preacherskid
by Silver Member on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM
My older dd it was ten months. My second was twelve months. It can vary from person to person, some get cycles back a month pp, some don't get them until after weaning, and it could be anywhere in between.
randhferedinos
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Research ecological breastfeeding. With my ds period returned at 11 months postpartum

With my dd it returned at 15 months pp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kamrynlily07
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:55 PM
With my first, I was 27 months pp (1 month after she weaned). 18 months pp with my 2nd (still breastfed).
mostlymaydays
by Group Mod-Stacy on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM
With my 4th baby here, I got my first period at 26 months postpartum, while still nursing about 2 times a day. With the one before her I got my period back at 20 months, while still nursing a couple times a day. My second baby weaned at 24 months and i got my period a month later. With my first I got my period back at 16 months, after he had weaned at 15 months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Avetay
by on Feb. 29, 2012 at 11:56 PM
My first I was 7-8 months pp
With my 2 nd I'm only 20 days pp
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommaT1983
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 12:00 AM
With my daughter at around 6 weeks after having her give or take. My youngest was the longest gap and I was very thankful for that. It was almost a year later and now they are worse :( it sucks but I don't want to go to the Dr.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JEB1175
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 8:51 AM
Mine came back at 6 weeks with all 3 kids. My period has always been like a train, on time and heavy. Not even Bfing can stop it.. Lol!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoyfulMommy1221
by on Mar. 1, 2012 at 4:09 PM
I ebf'd dd and mine came back a month after pp bleeding stopped. I must be uber fertile! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)