• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Recommendations

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM
  • 4 Replies

So My daughter made her entrance into the world on the 29th of feb and was healthy as can be! Myself however I had alot of complications afterwards and was put in the ICU after hemmoraghing and needing two blood transfusions, I lost lost 42 percent of the blood in my body. So since I was not able to breast feed her or even pump cause of the condtion I was in she was given formula which I was okay with at first cause I knew that as soon as i was able to she was gonna be put right on the breast or I would atleast pump either way i wanted her on my milk as soon as it could happen! Well now I'm finally home and my milk is coming in I have been leaking! I tried putting her on my breast and no luck, i figured if i kept at it that she would eventually latch, so i decided to pump for now but the problem is I cant even get anything out when I pump, even though I know the milk is there and i'm engorged and sore! I dont know what to do I dont want her to keep on this formula I do not like it, she poops all the time on it because of the iron in it and you can tell its not making her tummy feel the greatest! I just wanna cry, is there anything that anyone can recommend to help solve this problem or has anyone been through this before? I really need some help, I hate the formula and I just want baby girl to get the milk I am making for her!

Plz and Thank You in Advance :(

Adrianna Marie Born Feb 29th 5 lbs 10 oz 19 inches long born 2:41 am.....My leap year baby <3

by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
BabyIslasMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:22 AM
What kind of pump do you have? Its harder to get milk out with a pump than when they are nursing. It helps to use a really good dual electric pump. Don't worry about her pooping all the time right now. ALL newborns poop all day long even on breastmilk, that is normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabyIslasMom
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Stress is a huge factor too in how much you produce and how easy it is to get it to let down. So after all you've been through, this is likely making things harder for you. Try to relax and not stress as much as possible. I know easier said than done! Maybe try a warm bath.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KristiDLee23
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 6:31 AM
Ahhh, what a cutie. Congrats!!
Well i had an issue with my son yrs ago and hoping not to have issues this time around so what ive read/heard is a lot of nip stimulation and a heavy duty pump. They are more costly but they are like the hospital brands, and you need to do it pretty often to get your body kicking the milk in. Just tid bits of what ive heard tho.
Best to you mama.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shelley11709
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Heat compresses before you try to pump or express. Try hand expressing. Sometimes it's easier for moms than pumping. If you are engorged it could make it difficult for baby to latch. Try expressing a little to soften up the boobs before trying to get her to latch.
Good luck! Just keep trying and breath!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)